SATNAV problems?

fairytooth

fairytooth - 2015-02-24 1:11 PM

If anyone has a satnav problem, particularly if it relates to a TomTom or Garmin, feel free to send me a message and I can generally help out.

I am active on a couple of other motorhome forums so some of you may know of me already.

I've had very good service from Graham (fairytooth). I bought a tomtom truck off him a few years ago and I'm not capable of loading POIs on to it, and every year he updates the mapping and camping spots etc for me. Great guy to deal with.

John.

artheytrate - 2015-02-24 5:28 PM

If anyone has a satnav problem, particularly if it relates to a TomTom or Garmin, feel free to send me a message and I can generally help out.

I am active on a couple of other motorhome forums so some of you may know of me already.

I've had very good service from Graham (fairytooth). I bought a tomtom truck off him a few years ago and I'm not capable of loading POIs on to it, and every year he updates the mapping and camping spots etc for me. Great guy to deal with.

John.

Me too great bloke.

You could be my saviour.

I have a problem with my Tom Tom Go 50 but I think it is a problem with my phone rather than the Tom Tom.

When I try to bluetouth tether the phone to the Tom Tom to down load traffic information my phone pairs with the Tom Tom but will not connect.

The phone is a Vodafone Smart Mini 4. Two Vodafone shops have had a look at the phone and said it is a problem with the Tom Tom. I have connected OK with other peoples phones OK so I think that it is compattibility problem. I think it is something to do with lack of IPv6 on the Tom Tom but not sure.

Thanks

It definitely sounds like a compatibility problem with your phone if you can connect others.

Here is some guidance which may get yours connected:

If you can't connect your navigation device to your mobile phone try the following:

Make sure you have the latest application installed on your navigation device.

On your mobile phone, remove all Bluetooth bondings.

If possible, remove the battery from your mobile phone for a few seconds, then re-insert the battery.

Turn your phone back on and make sure that Bluetooth is enabled and that the phone is discoverable for other devices.

Sorry, I cannot paste a link in here but if you still can't do it try Googling tomtom support as it would appear to be a more common problem than you realise.

Good Luck!

• 1 year later...

Hi

I have a Rapido 963f 2004 and have been unable to get sat nav to work.I have tried Tom Tom Garvin and snooper.I have tried external antenna.they all work fine with ignition off but lose gps with the ignition on.I am not aware of any electrical faults and have nothing wireless connected.Help please as we keep getting lost using old fashioned maps-particularly in Europe.

Thanks peter

Archived