DFDS Ferry Prices

Corky 8

Just booked my ferry crossing in May with DFDS to Dunkirk ,and got the return trip for £95 .which is more or less what it was last year, when I looked at booking back in December 2012 the Prices where more than that each way, I know some of you will get its cheaper still and good for you, I,m happy with the price Ive paid and cant wait to be on our Way. Safe Journeys

Keithl - 2015-02-26 2:40 PMCorky, I hope you used the early booking code that DFDS have emailed out...http://www.dfdsseaways.co.uk/ferry-offers-and-deals/ferry-to-france-offers/book-early-and-save/?Keith.
Corky 8 - 2015-02-26 2:43 PM

Just My Luck Keith, I'm on their e mail list but never received any Codes, bit late to complain me thinks.   Thanks Keith.

You aren't the only one either.DFDS are pretty bad at this. I've been on their mailing list for years yet often don't get any offer codes. The only time i did get an offer code was when they were at the NEC and MelB picked up a leaflet from them (THANX MEL :-D) and posted the code on the forum. Unfortunately DFDS no longer seem interested in doing any Motorhome shows.However, you've not lost out as another poster already found it's only applicable to cars and motorbikes (i just checked).

I booked DFDS through the Caravan Club for Dover to Dunkirk for a 6 metre van and the cost was £88. I am not suggesting that this was a wonderful bargain, but just letting you know the cost.

It is interesting / frustrating to hear of the prices paid for some things, such as ferry crossings. At time it seems as though the providers are operating a, 'think of a number' pricing structure which can (and does) seem to change with the wind.

FRANKP60 - 2015-02-26 8:47 PM

Hi Corky

Can I ask did you use the correct height and length for van ,as last time I looked at DFDS return was £150,for 3m high 6.5 long

That height anomaly has been removed now. It's now less than 4.35m height for up to 7m and 10m lengths.

Sorry Guys I did intend to mention the Height restriction had been lifted to 4.35, from the previous 2 meter odd. But I knew you would all spot it.  I like the two hour crossing it gives me time to relax, and the car park at Dunkirk pork is quiet enough to sleep on should you need to.   Safe Journeys.

Hi Corky

Thanks for latest post ,just checked ,and what I was quoted for September 3m x 6.5 £150 is now £112.

Have now booked MY FERRY ,hope they will be still running .Looks like DFDS have released people have voted with there feet .

Must agreed that it is handy to go across on early evening ferry ,stay in car park at Dunkirk and head of fresh in morning.

Archived