TV show looking for senior motorhome drivers!

lucierichards

Hello

My name is Lucie and I am working on an ITV documentary about Britain's oldest drivers.

I would love to find the oldest driver of a caravan or motorhome, and wondered if anyone might know of anyone in their late 80s / 90s or even 100 years old and over!

Please do email me if you might know of anyone. I'd love to hear from you: lucie.richards@rdftelevision.com

or call me on 0207 013 4186

Many thanks :-D

Sorry to say this Lucie but some of us (me) have already been conned by a TV program, not ITV to be fair.

If anyone fancies being on the box remember this, what goes out will be nothing like what you expect.

Heaven forbid, you might even be made to look a fool.

H

hallii - 2015-02-26 6:55 PM

If anyone fancies being on the box remember this, what goes out will be nothing like what you expect.

H

Very good advice.

I've never yet seen a TV programme on camping / caravanning / motorhomes that does not portray the participants as oddballs.

... and looking for the oldest - !!! I can just imagine how patronising that is likely to be.

Of course if you do fancy seeing yourself on the box - and don't mind be made a fool of - you could end up as a celebrity with your own cooking show.

;-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2015-02-27 10:37 AM

hallii - 2015-02-26 6:55 PM

H

Very good advice.

I've never yet seen a TV programme on camping / caravanning / motorhomes that does not portray the participants as oddballs.

... and looking for the oldest - !!! I can just imagine how patronising that is likely to be.

Of course if you do fancy seeing yourself on the box - and don't mind be made a fool of - you could end up as a celebrity with your own cooking show.

;-)

Judging by some of the characters on here........Lucie's come to the right funny farm :D ...............sadly I'm far too young to qualify ;-) .........

Another no thank you Lucie. Nothing doing. As has been said producers and directors have no interest in the facts of driving a Motorhome by elderly persons. All they look for is filling a time space. Reality is not their game.

I've been involved in 3 episodes related to films and several with newspapers and will never go anywhere near another one. They will take miles of film and chop it up to suit the whim of someone on the day.

Remember they are film makers, their interest is filling a time space from which they hope to sell a product.

Anyone who takes up your offer will probably be required to repeat any movements many times. And will be asked to make manoeuvres ... that away from the film set would be considered dangerous and would never made in reality.

Lucie I admire your interest. Being old is in vogue at the moment with many of the elderly being stopped from driving due to health related issues. We are sensible drivers who obey the law and most are very different from your everyday elderly car driver. We have to have an annual medical if driving certain vehicles plus we are likely to be random tested any where and at any time

Will85 (as it says on the tin)

Peter James - 2015-02-27 10:58 AM

We must persuade Frank to do it. (lol) He can demonstrate how to negotiate through roadwork cones, and reverse up to trees ;-)

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Wonder how he's getting on in Portugal at the moment.....................assuming he got there at all, loads of cones on the M25. :D

Mind you if one has jumped out in front of him and wrapped itself around his suspension he'll have the evidence on his dashcam. ;-)

Will85 - 2015-02-27 12:53 PM

Its not surprising that Frank gets jumpy when there are those who prefer to have a dig at him rather than keep to the original posters offer or question.

Will

I'm sure we'd all love to unmask Frank on a TV program...................but I suspect like you he'd decline.

As for digs, I think he's more than capable of defending his own corner, who knows he may even have a sense of humour, unlikely as that may seem. ;-)

Guest Had Enough
Will85 - 2015-02-27 12:53 PM

Its not surprising that Frank gets jumpy when there are those who prefer to have a dig at him rather than keep to the original posters offer or question.

Will

Don't worry about them Will, I don't. I've arrived at a huge aire at Portimao and decided that, to keep Joe90 amused as he sits in his little flat in Aberwherethehell, I'd get out my long-range wi-fi aerial and bingo, a good free Fon signal from a block of flats hundreds of yards away.

Now I can go on-line whenever I want and annoy him. I know I should be out at the bingo or whatever he does all day when he's away, but if I can give him something to moan (and moan and moan) about I'm a happy man. ;-)

Kirby, my favourite pompous wannabee moderator, has told everyone that I haven't grown up and that I'm not sensible, so my aim now is to be as adult and sensible as Joe90, Peter James, Pelmetman and all the other beacons of good behavior and intelligent contribution to this forum.

I'm just a bit worried though that if I do become adult and sensible like BK I'll soon be logging my diesel usage to three decimal places on a spreadsheet and planning each motorhome holiday so that every day is organised, every site booked, and secure in the knowledge that on day 19 I'll be in my third day at site X and due to fill my tank at fuel station Y. That must be a very adult and sensible way to enjoy the carefree life of motorhoming. I can't wait! :D

Parked up by a block of flats a hundred yards away............. :D :D :D sounds idyllic.

Watch out for road cones, tree's, and all those stray rabid dogs you get down there, unless they've had a cull lately.

and don't forget the concrete walls of those blocks of flats when you move off. :D

P.S If it's such a "massive" Aire let's just hope theres not a queue in the morning at the bourne , we won't hear the end of it otherwise ;-)

I'm sure everyone would agree that anyone making the first thing they do on arrival is look for a wifi signal to log back on here from Portugal is more to be pitied than be an object of derision,

but if you will insist in giving us all a laugh, who am I to argue. :-)

Archived