Peugeot 2.2 experts

gocro

So I've almost set on getting a second hand engine and turbo for my 2007 2.2 120bhp Boxer.

I've got my eye on a 2012 2.2 with all it's bits, but they upped the power in 2011, 130, 150 if I go for it will I need the ECU also or can I get by with my own, will it need re-mapped, is it just a head ache and I should search for a pre 2011 120 unit ?

A 2012 130bhp engine would surely be Euro5 which will have differences in terms of looms, sensors etc. to your Euro4 one. Sounds complicated.

Even if you get a direct swap Euro4 lump I think that you have some ECU work ahead of you.

If you use the new engine's ECU then its immobiliser will need programming to your vehicle keys.

If you use your existing ECU then I believe that it will need programming with the individual injector 'tolerances' (can't think of the correct word..) from the new engine.

As I understand it, the exact condition of your motorhome’s powerplant is yet to be established.

As Steve928 says, there are lots of unknowns involved in replacing the original motor and, if this can be repaired at a reasonable cost, that might be the best way forward.

If repair estimates prove to be financially unacceptable, it would be sensible to discuss engine replacement options with a Peugeot agent and with companies offering rebuilt motors. Logically, it should be easiest to replace like-with-like (ie. Euro 4 motor with Euro 4 motor) and to transfer as much as possible of the related equipment (ECU, ignition keys etc.) from the donor vehicle.

Guest Peter James

Can only concur with the previous 2 posts.

I think it wise to leave it to whoever is going to fit it to source the engine or parts.

Peter James - 2015-02-27 8:35 AM

Can only concur with the previous 2 posts.

I think it wise to leave it to whoever is going to fit it to source the engine or parts.

Me too, and I would want to be sure they really have the expertise to understand all the repercussions. I had a bad experience when a garage replaced the instrument cluster on a Focus and I ended up going to a Ford dealer to get it to work properly.

Archived