Camping in Morocco

fairweather camper

Guest Had Enough
fairweather camper - 2015-02-26 9:54 PM

Hi All

Just been told that all the Campsites down the Atlantic coast in Morocco are 'full to bursting' can anyone else confirm/deny this, don't want to go and not be able to get on a campsite, there will be two camper vans, so not always easy to squeeze you in.

Val

There's lots of scope for wild camping but sites on the west coast can be a problem. We had no difficulty getting sites anywhere else but on the coast one site we tried was full and the next one had one place available.

However, by coincidence, I was talking today to a British couple we met outside Tavira in Portugal and Morocco came into our conversations about travel. I said how safe we felt in Morocco last year but they told us that there were people on their site, mainly French, who are no longer going to Morocco as they claim that there's been vandalism and stone-throwing at westerners in motorhomes.

This started after the Charlie Hebro murders and revolves around our (in their eyes) disrespect of the Prophet Mohamed by publishing cartoons about him.

I have no proof of this and it could be another gassing-like bit of nonsense, but it's worth checking out if you are considering going to Morocco and of course it may be in the more rural areas anyway.

Had Enough - 2015-02-26 10:07 PM

fairweather camper - 2015-02-26 9:54 PM

Hi All

Just been told that all the Campsites down the Atlantic coast in Morocco are 'full to bursting' can anyone else confirm/deny this, don't want to go and not be able to get on a campsite, there will be two camper vans, so not always easy to squeeze you in.

Val

There's lots of scope for wild camping but sites on the west coast can be a problem. We had no difficulty getting sites anywhere else but on the coast one site we tried was full and the next one had one place available.

However, by coincidence, I was talking today to a British couple we met outside Tavira in Portugal and Morocco came into our conversations about travel. I said how safe we felt in Morocco last year but they told us that there were people on their site, mainly French, who are no longer going to Morocco as they claim that there's been vandalism and stone-throwing at westerners in motorhomes.

This started after the Charlie Hebro murders and revolves around our (in their eyes) disrespect of the Prophet Mohamed by publishing cartoons about him.

I have no proof of this and it could be another gassing-like bit of nonsense, but it's worth checking out if you are considering going to Morocco and of course it may be in the more rural areas anyway.

Mmm interesting.

Archived