motorhome insurance

tonyg3nwl

Mine is due very soon so have been looking at comparison sites.. unfortunately, I am just a bit previous, they will only quote 23 days in advance of due date.

However, my house insuranse renewal dropped through letterbox, and this triggered me off.

renewal quote was close to 250, which was 30 percent up on last year, so I searched comparison site, and surprise, site returned a quote for house from same insurer LV whichwas almost half of the direct renewal quote..

needless to say, I queried with them why the vast difference in quote, without satisfactory response..

renewal now done via comparison site quote, at less than last years costs..is that a miracle, or effect of competition, or simply avoiding the ripoff of automatic renewal system.

I wonder if motorhome insurance can work the same miracle..next couple of weeks will tell,

tonyg3nwl

Insurance companies, banks, utilities, mobile phone companies, broadband providers all operate on the basis of our inertia with provide them with enhanced profits.

I generally end up changing all mine each year and for the sake of a few clicks of a mouse for each one, happy to take the savings!

With any insurance, home, Motorhome, car,travel etc., I go back to my insurer and tell them I have had better offers, not unsurprisingly, they always come back with a lower figure " for customer loyalty"!

I usually have done my homework first on the comp. sites and as long as they are close then I go back with them.

You do have to watch you are comparing like with like eg, continental brake down , etc

Yep, just had my renewal quote - took 7 days in the post.

Policy has increased from £17419 to £209.68 that's £35.49 = +20.6% and the policy fee increased 33.3% Breakdown (including overseas) stayed the same.

I have not changed for 3 years, so I guess it's back on the renewal trail.

I have used Shield for several years, current quote £335.26 ( includes legal and overseas breakdown)

I just got my renewal from saga and it is down in price, just a couple of pounds but still down.

£130 for the year and was offered £25 off as a long term customer (1 year) and £5 off as I have home insurance and also free legal protection when I enquired about getting breakdown as well.

I like the drive any car policy with saga motorhome insurance, it was the only one I could find that did this.

Archived