Hymer Exsis versus Knaus Sport Traveller 500D

o midKnight

Hymer Exsis very expensive for what it is and 2007 model is nothing like the old one having gained a fixed bed and no drop down bed also it is now "low profile". There is a review on the Knaus in this months Motorcaravan and some details on the new Exsis.

Agree with Peter about the Exsis -adding that the old model was, in my view, awful. To get into the pull-down bed, which was longitudinal (not across the van), you climb up the ladder, get onto the bed, shuffle around through 180 degrees to get your feet down the front (there is insufficient roof height there to sleep head at the front). Getting up in the middle of the night involves waking your sleeping partner, doing another 180 shuffle, reversing onto the ladder, and so on . . . you get the idea! But then, I've never greatly liked Hymers.

[QUOTE]o midKnight - 2006-10-08 9:48 PM Hello Can any owners out there help us decide between these models. Good points and bad points Thanks Rob and Mandy[/QUOTE]Have you asked any current Exis owners what they think of their vans? We are considering changing to an Exis and always ask owners when we see them parked up. So far they are all delighted. Unless any owners out there disagree????? *-)

Have had my exsis for 12 months after a rapido 772F. I miss the shower but thats all. Once you get the hang of getting in and out of bed. Go for the 2.8 engine and the bigger fridge. Can now go to places we would not have tried before.

[QUOTE]hymer - 2006-10-12 8:14 PM Have had my exsis for 12 months after a rapido 772F. I miss the shower but thats all. Once you get the hang of getting in and out of bed. Go for the 2.8 engine and the bigger fridge. Can now go to places we would not have tried before.[/QUOTE]Do you have the 2.8 engine? and, doesn't your Exis have a shower?

I think Hymer means that his Rapido had a separate shower, whereas the Exsis's (?) is all part of the toilet cubicle. I have tried to get into the Exsis bed before today (yes, I do mean when it's pulled down) - not easy and I'm only a slimish youngster by comparasion to most! (lol)

Archived