acsi pricing

tomboy99

Hi All,

Was talking with some folk at the weekend and they where intimating that with acsi, i can get 50% discount on approved sites. On acsi websites, prices seam no different that what is on the websites of the individual campsites. I would presume there is 50% reduction on the "guide price"?

Rgds Tom

Set prices of €12, €14, €16 or €18 euro per night for two (+dog) inc hook-up on ACSI 'discount sites' on 'operational dates', which vary from site to site.

ACSI can offer mega savings for camping outside peak season, especially given the current exchange rate.

Mike

I don't know if the ACSI discount ever reaches 50% - but there are certainly substantial savings to be made.

I can recall an English bloke booking in just before me ( about a year or so ago ) who paid about 23 Euros per night - when I booked in after he did I paid about 15 Euros.

I told him about ACSI later, so hopefully he's not paying so much now.

Worth investigating if you've not used them before.

;-)

We stopped for a week on a beautiful campsite in Croatia and we thought we would stop an extra day which would have been outside the ACSI period instead of the 18 euros per night we were paying for the week they wanted 52 euros per night. Alright it was going in to a more expensive season but the place was almost empty and we headed home. On the way home we called in at a site in Austria which was also outside the ACSI period. They had a special offer on 15 euro per day 1 euro less than the ACSI price. So there is no answer to the original question, it just all depends........

hmm, bummer,

One of the sites I was keen to take advantage of, Is on the asci web site. Yet they have emailed me and said they don`t give discounts to asci members. email response below

"Hello Tom

Thank you for your enquiry, we have no special ACSI prices our price is €29,00 per night for two people with Caravan or Motorhome inclusive of everything

I hope this information helps you

Kind Regards

xxxxxxx"

Rgds Tom

tomboy99 - 2015-03-03 8:24 PM

hmm, bummer,

One of the sites I was keen to take advantage of, Is on the asci web site. Yet they have emailed me and said they don`t give discounts to asci members. email response below

"Hello Tom

Thank you for your enquiry, we have no special ACSI prices our price is €29,00 per night for two people with Caravan or Motorhome inclusive of everything

Kind Regards

xxxxxxx"

Rgds Tom

Sounds a bit odd ? Maybe they have left the scheme.

What time of year was it Tom ?

:-(

malc d - 2015-03-03 8:49 PM

tomboy99 - 2015-03-03 8:24 PM

hmm, bummer,

"Hello Tom

Kind Regards

xxxxxxx"

Rgds Tom

Sounds a bit odd ? Maybe they have left the scheme.

What time of year was it Tom ?

:-(

Not really odd.

There are many sites on the ACSI web pages. They have to participate in the CC(Camping-card) scheme to offer the special prices.

tomboy99 - 2015-03-03 9:48 PM

You may have a point. I am awaiting my book. Its on the asci android app. La Bella vista. Duquesa, manilva.

Tom

Hi Tom No it is not in the ACSI book. Funny enough, I was told about this sight last year by a couple who had stayed there,(and got ACSI rates) and they said that it was new and was going to be ACSI. and when the this years book came I looked it up and saw it was not. Perhaps they weren't accepted, or decided not to join ? I guess they can get enough bookings without giving ACSI discounts

PJay

Understanding ACSI:

It is a Dutch organisation that inspects camping and caravanning sites - I believe there are in the region of 9,000+ locations that have achieved accreditation from ACSI for the quality standards they offer.

However, of those, only a proportion of the ACSI accredited sites choose to participate in the ACSI DISCOUNT Camping Card scheme - in fact 2,940 European campsites in 2015.

Mike

mikebeaches - 2015-03-03 10:07 PM

Understanding ACSI:

It is a Dutch organisation that inspects camping and caravanning sites - I believe there are in the region of 9,000+ locations that have achieved accreditation from ACSI for the quality standards they offer.

However, of those, only a proportion of the ACSI accredited sites choose to participate in the ACSI DISCOUNT Camping Card scheme - in fact 2,940 European campsites in 2015.

Mike

One other thing to note. We have come across 3 sites when the ACSI "inspectors" have been there , and they ALL where in caravans!! Maybe now the dutch are changing to motor homes, we may get more sites that are suitable to MH, as some are definitely not suited to motorhomes IMO

ACSI have 2 schemes

Camping card & Eurocampings

I assume you have ordered the Camping Card - all the sites in that series of 2 books are discounted for out of season months at 12,14,16,18 Euros per night.

ACSI Eurocampings however are not discounted but have been inspected by ACSI

Go online to http://www.campingcard.co.uk/ to look at Camping card ACSI

Go online to http://www.eurocampings.co.uk/?utm_source=Campingcard-header&medium=header-tab&campaign=Campingcard-header

to look at Eurocamping sites

In answer to a previous comment ref caravans, you can use a filter to search for site that are motorhome friendly.

ACSI is a fantastic resource and will allow you much choice throughout the whole of Europe

- Enjoy it!

laimeduck - 2015-03-04 10:53 AM

ACSI have 2 schemes

Camping card & Eurocampings

I assume you have ordered the Camping Card - all the sites in that series of 2 books are discounted for out of season months at 12,14,16,18 Euros per night.

ACSI Eurocampings however are not discounted but have been inspected by ACSI

Go online to http://www.campingcard.co.uk/ to look at Camping card ACSI

Go online to http://www.eurocampings.co.uk/?utm_source=Campingcard-header&medium=header-tab&campaign=Campingcard-header

to look at Eurocamping sites

In answer to a previous comment ref caravans, you can use a filter to search for site that are motorhome friendly.

ACSI is a fantastic resource and will allow you much choice throughout the whole of Europe

- Enjoy it!

Thanks for the ref to the euro campings Jeremy. Will be useful in an emergency .(Did not know of this site) We always use ACSI sites. God value. I know that it states suitable for MH,s, but sometimes it is a very tight fit to get on to some of the pitches, especially as Mh are higher than caravans, and trees can be difficult IE L,amitta de Mar , which we really like, but if busy, difficult to get on, as the caravans hog the clear pitches

PJay

We find it very simple....we buy the ACSI discount book each year - you need the current year to check what sites are included as they may vary from year to year. The guide then gives the prices and dates applicable...show them the ACSI Discount card on arrival, and that's it - job done. Leave the card with them (usually) and pay when you decide to leave.

It's worth noting that occasionally the dates of opening/closing my not be correct, but we have only found this on one occasion, and never had any problems with the actual rates charged. they are excellent value, and quite a few sites now seem to run in early July.

Don't be confused by 'ACSI inspected' though, this is just a listing of many sites, but not all are in the discount system.

Just for clarification regarding La Bella Vista campground in southern Spain. It is ACSI inspected and has achieved their highest rating. However they are not part of ACSI's Camping Card scheme and therefore do not offer the discounts.

Archived