Hymer drivers door gas strut.

Cabby202

Hi, I am new to this site but see there is a lot of useful information flying around....

I have a 1994 B584 A class Hymer with a rather sad drivers door gas strut (restrainer). Any body out there know where they can be obtained, preferably at non Hymer prices or can they be regassed, if indeed they are gas struts. Thanks...Richard

Guest Had Enough

I replaced the struts on my Hobby motorhome's garage. I'm a technical idiot but I found it to be very easy. They just snapped on.

I got mine from this firm, which was excellent:

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/gas-struts/applications/campervans

They arrived quickly, with good instructions, and the chap I ordered them from on the phone was very helpful.

I can't remember the exact price but about £25 per strut including postage comes to mind.

Hello

We have owned Hymers in the past including the B584, but they were never fitted with a gas strut for the drivers door. Our current Hymer likewise does not have a gas strut fitted to the drivers door.

I am not certain but could it be that the gas strut in question is a retro fitted device, so my be obtainable from elsewhere on the web.

Could it be a gas strut for a window, that has been used on the door, or something of that ilk.

I have trawled through the Movera catalogue where you can find items for both motorhomes and caravans and all i can see for gas struts are the ones used on windows.

Sorry I can't be of further help.

Thai Bry - 2015-03-05 4:27 PMHello

We have owned Hymers in the past including the B584, but they were never fitted with a gas strut for the drivers door. Our current Hymer likewise does not have a gas strut fitted to the drivers door.

I am not certain but could it be that the gas strut in question is a retro fitted device, so my be obtainable from elsewhere on the web.

Could it be a gas strut for a window, that has been used on the door, or something of that ilk.

I have trawled through the Movera catalogue where you can find items for both motorhomes and caravans and all i can see for gas struts are the ones used on windows.

Sorry I can't be of further help.

I have a 1993 B 594 with the gas strut, it is an OEM part not aftermarket.. If you Google 'Replacement Gas Struts' you will find lots of suppliers and also You-tube videos showing how to measure up and how to replace.

Archived