Spanish site similar to Bonterra Park in Benicassim

sabino

We are relatively new to this business but love it. This will be our 3rd year travelling in Spain.

We are looking for sites with similar attributes to Bonterra Park in Benicassim.

Good overall site, nearby supermarket, beach 5-10 minute walk, very Spanish Town 5-10 minutes walk.

We are mainly interested in sites south of Benicassim.

Does anyone have any recommendations. We will be going for most of June and staying 2 or 3 nights in each site.

Many thanks in advance.

Pelmetman

I presume by your wink(emoticon) that you don't really recommend CalpeMar.

bertieburstner, thanks but really looking for sites well south of Benicassim. My wife would like to find sites all the way down to southern Andalucia.

Once again, thanks.

Guest pelmetman
sabino - 2015-03-07 10:31 AM

Pelmetman

bertieburstner, thanks but really looking for sites well south of Benicassim. My wife would like to find sites all the way down to southern Andalucia.

Once again, thanks.

Just goes to show no one understands my emoticons :D ..........

We've spent the last 2 months here, and have already booked for next year ;-) ........

sabino - 2015-03-07 10:31 AM

Pelmetman

Once again, thanks.

You presume wrong. I would also recommend Calpe.Not just a tourist town, a REAL working town. We go every year, love the situation of the site, Beach, Shops, restaurants, supermarkets all within walking distance,IMO much better than Benicassim , also Javea has a good ACSI site, within walking distance of all above. Do as we do, just try the sites, and if you don't like them move on, if you do stay longer, plenty to try in the ACSI book alone

PJay

Hi from Devon,

Stayed at camping Eden in Peniscola and its a very nice site, You can go to the left or right side of the

road, I think the right side as you drive down the road has better pitches.

Also they have a first class Resturant with FREE wine n the first visit.

Nice town.

Mike

worzel - 2015-03-08 1:15 PM

Hi from Devon,

Stayed at camping Eden in Peniscola and its a very nice site, You can go to the left or right side of the

road, I think the right side as you drive down the road has better pitches.

Also they have a first class Resturant with FREE wine n the first visit.

Nice town.

Mike

There have been a couple of posts recommending Camping Eden. I didn't like the place. The site was dark, pitches small and rather a dismal site in my view which does not compare well to Bonterra. However, the location is good, and the fact the site is nearly always full suggests that most people like the place. My view might have been coloured by the fact that I had a very poor pitch in total shade which is not what you want when looking for the sun. The nearest site comparable to Bonterra is Kiko Park, the ACSI site at Oliva but the shopping is not nearly as convenient. In a way this thread illustrates that what is good for one is not for another and also suggests that requests for recommendations are difficult as we all want different things and see things differently.

You are spot on that everybody has different opinions. We ventured into Kiko Park, struggle to turn in what was a maze and could not get out quick enough although others delight on site but they must enjoy making sand castles and playing hide and seek. Until you try yourself you will never know. There are so many sites available that you just move on

Guest pelmetman
sshortcircuit - 2015-03-08 2:10 PM

You are spot on that everybody has different opinions. We ventured into Kiko Park, struggle to turn in what was a maze and could not get out quick enough although others delight on site but they must enjoy making sand castles and playing hide and seek. Until you try yourself you will never know. There are so many sites available that you just move on

We've stopped at Kiko many times, although not longer than a few days ;-) ..........It's quite a pleasant place to unwind after the long journey South, and its usually where our shorts and T shirts come out B-) ........

Getting into Oliva itself requires a bike or a walk (we've been told 30 mins) along the canal.......tried it in the camper once 8-) ......fortunately I'm quite good at reversing :D .........

Mickt - 2015-03-08 1:20 PM

Camping Nautic at L,Ametila de Mar , close to town , nice harbour , good fish market , and many resturants and bars.

One of our favorite places, also, but can be difficult get on some pitches, due to trees, if you are high

OLIVA Did not like Kiko. small pitches, very windy. A much nicer place at Oliva is RIO Mar. small friendly site, cafe, and and small mini market on site, right on the beach

Guadarmar d'segura, a lovely site one of the Marjal group, only staid one night, but intend to go back, and explore more of the area, town close by, but you have to cross over a river, which makes it a bit further to get around Water and drainage on all pitches, also in ACSI, and in Andalusia.

Maybe see you down that way, in may/june

PJay

worzel - 2015-03-09 8:05 AM

Hi from Devon again,

Camping Eden in Peniscola is only 200 Metres from a very nice beach and about 500 metres from the town.

Mike.

And it is North of Benicassim. Thanks.

Guest pelmetman

We stopped at Rio Mar last year, its quite quaint ;-) ...........We would have stopped there this year, but as its small it tends to fill up early, nice position by the beach although further still than Kiko from Oliva I suspect?...........

Never had a problem with them! (Mozzies)

Eden is a reasonable site, but some things are pricey there, The laundry facilities, have to be done by the staff, so more expensive and the WiFi pricey, but free if you go along the front to some of the cafes, and have a coffee/drinks The pool at eden seems to get busy

PJay

You could try Camping Los Madriles in Isla Plana, on the coast south of Cartagena.

Its a well laid out terraced site with shade and separated pitches.
It has excellent facilities with a huge free form poll that is filled daily with filtered sea water from the bay nearby. There is a bar/restaurant and shop and the WiFi is free on the patio by the pool.
Cartagena is a 30min bus ride away. The bus ride is a thrill seeker's delight the town is a bit of a mixed bag. 
There is a path opposite the campground that takes you to the beach and to the village of La Azohia with its many seafood cafes and beach bars. Very rustic and cheap.
The supermarket is in Mazarrón a couple of kilometres away.

Calle Playa Isla Plana, 0
30868 Isla Plana
Murcia, Spain
37.578329, -1.195168078

Paul M Who - 2015-03-11 6:41 AM

You could try Camping Los Madriles in Isla Plana, on the coast south of Cartagena.

It has excellent facilities with a huge free form poll that is filled daily with filtered sea water from the bay nearby. There is a bar/restaurant and shop and the WiFi is free on the patio by the pool.
Cartagena is a 30min bus ride away. The bus ride is a thrill seeker's delight the town is a bit of a mixed bag. 
There is a path opposite the campground that takes you to the beach and to the village of La Azohia with its many seafood cafes and beach bars. Very rustic and cheap.

30868 Isla Plana
Murcia, Spain
37.578329, -1.195168078
Nice as you say but how often do the buses run, once a day or once every second day?

sshortcircuit - 2015-03-11 7:28 AM
Paul M Who - 2015-03-11 6:41 AM

30868 Isla Plana
Murcia, Spain
37.578329, -1.195168078
Nice as you say but how often do the buses run, once a day or once every second day?
Have to agree Stayed there last year and had been there some years earlier. Ok but without transport not so good, and site is quiet hilly. The dutch like it as it does have a good pool. Small shop on site, but not always openA better site is at Mazzaron (Bolnuevo) on the beach small supermarket outside, tiny village, only downside IMO is toilets are up a flight of steps ACSI site n o 2642 (2015)PJay

sabino - 2015-03-12 7:32 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. Much appreciated.

I somehow thought there would have been a lot more, especially in Andalucia.

All the best.

You could always go to Benidorm. Camping Villasol, Torretta and even El Raco are all within walking distance of shops and the beach with piped TV to the pitch. Benidorm is not everyone's choice but there are some very nice parts and a great beach, is lively, cheap, good for grocery shopping and plenty of dining opportunities.

Archived