service spanner on dash display

chas

Well after trying all the options offered carefully , the darned thing still reappears, so it looks like I will just have to keep ignoring it *-) I know it can be done because, when I used to pay for Peugeot eye watering services, it was always missing after a major service.

That system didn't work on mine either. I asked my mechanic who said 'did you do it with the door shut' can't remember and haven't had chance to try again but I will later.

Just tried again, with door shut , and no joy. It counted the days down to zero last time I tried and that still shows but spanner is still there. Mine is a 2006

chas - 2015-03-07 3:45 PM

Well after trying all the options offered carefully , the darned thing still reappears, so it looks like I will just have to keep ignoring it *-) I know it can be done because, when I used to pay for Peugeot eye watering services, it was always missing after a major service.

Why not go to the Peugeot dealer, explain the situation and ask them nicely to re-set it. Shouldn't cost more than a tenner I'd have thought.

Mike

There is a good deal of on-line advice about ‘resetting' the spanner symbol, as will be evident from a GOOGLE-search on "peugeot boxer spanner symbol”. Examples here

http://forums.motorhomefacts.com/49-tech-mech-chat/35729-peugeot-boxer-resetting-maintenace-indicator.html

http://forums.motorhomefacts.com/31-base-chassis-fiat-mercedes-iveco-etc/9573-service-spanner-reset.html

The Boxer handbook advises:

1: Place the ignition key in the MAR position (1st notch) and wait until the spanner stops flashing.

2: Press the trip recorder reset button for five seconds.

The distance remaining to the next service is displayed.

3: Press the trip distance recorder zero reset button for five seconds to store the operation in the memory.

(It would seem from on-line comments that the duration for holding down the relevant buttons may be critical and may very from vehicle to vehicle.)

Archived