Bordatlas 2015

Billggski

Billggski - 2015-03-07 7:45 PM

Just received mine from Amazon, £17.20 delivered. But of course it's all in German, I knew that but it's quite off putting. Anyone find they can understand it easily?

Es ist leicht zu verstehen, wenn Sie eine andere Sprache zu lernen. In diesem Fall Deutsch. Genießen Sie Ihren Besuch in unserem Land.

Tschüss

Way2Go - 2015-03-08 6:45 AM

Billggski - 2015-03-07 7:45 PM

Just received mine from Amazon, £17.20 delivered. But of course it's all in German, I knew that but it's quite off putting. Anyone find they can understand it easily?

Es ist leicht zu verstehen, wenn Sie eine andere Sprache zu lernen. In diesem Fall Deutsch. Genießen Sie Ihren Besuch in unserem Land.

Tschüss

Ja, und das Hörrohr meiner taube Tante hat gerade vom Blitz getroffen!

We understand very little of it but get by and it does have some brilliant stops.

In Italy we found the marked as 'Agriturismo' were very similar to a small CL, on farms and groves with perfect facilities.

We just use the pictures of the facilities, tells us what they do and don't have.

laimeduck - 2015-03-08 2:05 PM

Billggski - 2015-03-08 9:00 AM

Danke fur nicht.

(I think)

You are correct!

The translation of mine is roughly:-

" My deaf aunt's ear trumpet has been stuck by lightning"!

It's got me out of many a sticky situation in Germany!

Very good ;-)

One of my favourites came from Nick Hancock who apparently once said at a Russian Checkpoint "My trawler is full of herring". Made me crack up.

Guest pelmetman

We had a Bordatlas once...........

When translated it said..........

Are we there yet (lol) .............

You don't have to understand German to use the Bord Atlas, it is easy to use, all the places are

Alphabetically listed and you can easily understand the prices and symbols for wasser/strom water/

(elec) how many hard standings and co-ordinates, there are even photographs of most of the sites, not very big of course but it does give you a rough idea and it shows you if there is more than one site where you are heading for.

You will soon get used to using it and along with other books that I'm sure you have Acsi etc; you will have plenty of choices.

Archived