Battery Charger PC-100HB T

Instow

To Derek: well done for sniffing out the other model manuals. Yes, it does seem these isolators were added to both Transit and Ducato based 'vans post '07. There must be a reason, but it is not obvious to me what it might be. Our van seemed fine without it.

Even better done to have looked at the French version, which is absolutely clear. I think the implication of that is that the isolator totally isolates the hab battery, as when the CBE isolator switch is off the step remains operational.

To Robin: I removed both front seat swivels on different occasions. I had to remove the driver's to check the electrolyte level in the starter battery, because that was the only way to access it - and the garage wouldn't during servicing. The passenger's came out when I discovered that the hab battery had failed prematurely, due to some twit cracking its case during installation. Yes, the batteries are a shoehorn fit - and also very heavy! See below.

Thanks for the info on PTC and NTC. I was wondering if R might denote another relay?

G80-in-situ-copy.thumb.jpg.ca590164238eb8dadc081e83a194a367.jpg

Brian Kirby - 2015-03-17 6:50 PM

Even better done to have looked at the French version, which is absolutely clear. I think the implication of that is that the isolator totally isolates the hab battery, as when the CBE isolator switch is off the step remains operational.

...as posted above, this is entirely my experience of the isolator.

Brian Kirby - 2015-03-17 6:50 PM

To Robin: I removed both front seat swivels on different occasions. I had to remove the driver's to check the electrolyte level in the starter battery, because that was the only way to access it - and the garage wouldn't during servicing. The passenger's came out when I discovered that the hab battery had failed prematurely, due to some twit cracking its case during installation. Yes, the batteries are a shoehorn fit - and also very heavy! See below.

I've had the passenger seat off to wire a connector for a portable solar panel - you think the battery you picture is a tight fit - you should see two leisure batteries shoehorned under the passenger seat. :-)

Your picture is interesting, however, as it shows what I could see on mine, but could only conjecture which line it was in. You have a black box inserted in the live feed from the vehicle battery. I wonder whether this might be the elusive diode?

Robinhood - 2015-03-17 7:09 PM........................I've had the passenger seat off to wire a connector for a portable solar panel - you think the battery you picture is a tight fit - you should see two leisure batteries shoehorned under the passenger seat. :-)

Your picture is interesting, however, as it shows what I could see on mine, but could only conjecture which line it was in. You have a black box inserted in the live feed from the vehicle battery. I wonder whether this might be the elusive diode?

To the first - not our van - but you mean like this? :-D

To the second: no, its the in-line fuse. It is just about accessible with the seat as far back as it will go! Stupid arrangement!

Two-batteries-under-seat-2.jpg.e71225492f832283febb1cc2a6364ed4.jpg

Archived