Strange request Oranges in Caceres. Spain

hymernova1

Hi

Just wondered if anyone knows if oranges are being sold by the roadside near Caceres, Spain and if so how much please per kilo.. I know this may sound strange but travelling through Portugal and Spain and would like to buy on route home.

Many thanks

Guest Had Enough
hymernova1 - 2015-03-11 3:30 PM

Hi

Just wondered if anyone knows if oranges are being sold by the roadside near Caceres, Spain and if so how much please per kilo.. I know this may sound strange but travelling through Portugal and Spain and would like to buy on route home.

Many thanks

We didn't notice any when we came down three weeks ago. There were some along the Algarve though.

I'd be tempted to get them whilst you're further south than wait until Caceres and maybe miss the chance.

Hi

Last week, further south than Caceres they were being sold for 2/ 2.5E for a 5kg bag but I did not see any for sale at the roadside that far north. I seem to recall the last place I saw them for sale by the roadside was Evora but not sure of price there as We had already bought 5Kgs.

I think they last about a week after you buy them so depends if you are coming back by ferry or driving through France.

They are lovely!

Good luck

bob

Guest pelmetman
3€ for 5 kilo in Calpe ...........We never buy oranges at home now as they just don't taste the same B-) .........

Archived