Have I missed the Clarkson Thread?

StuartO

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's be honest cold meat or a nice thick juicy steak with a peppercorn sauce , onion rings , mushrooms and the rest ?

The lad who got hit will I'm sure sell his story on how the assault has ruined his life and that he's now taken to medication to ease the pain

They've had a barny , Clarksons a bit of a boyo , he's thrown a punch , big deal . Is this story really headline news stuff that makes Dave the boy Cameron comment on it .

I'm sure some of the Guardian reading butch Mizz type top dogs at the Beeb will be appalled and call for his head

Surely it was a private fight? Nothing to do with the program being broadcast. Is it any worst than some off the other goings on at BBC? They let Jonathan Ross back (can't stand him) Just someone high up trying to get rid of JC, think it may be "cut of nose to spite face", as they will loose a lot of revenue, which they can't afford

PJay

Clarksons the token non labour voting employee hired by the Beeb .. Seems to me it's his own colleagues that are making more of the non story than anyone else

It's a shame the Beeb don't pay more attention to other news items like Rochdale abuse and the likes , maybe a bit too uncomfortable for them to report properly on

For someone who trades on their roughty toughty, straight talking, down to earth, "I think and speak just like you do" image, it sounds like he just spat his dummy out..and behaved like a prissy little drama queen...(lol)

..and it certainly doesn't sound as if it was "private"..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2992920/I-ll-fired-Clarkson-ranted-Gear-producer-30-minute-f-word-tirade-emerges-turned-hotel-fracas.html

(..I do hope the Daily Mail is right-wing enough use as a source on here...? )

Today it has emerged (from sensible Yorkshire folk who happened to be present and didn't moan when JC refused their request for a photo) that he (JC) ranted and swore for half an hour because his expectations of hot food weren't met and told the producer he would get him sacked for his failings.

Perhaps the producer should have planned ahead (including for JC holding up the helicopter for three hours for a drinking session) and covered every contingency. JC is after all an important celeb and perhaps his style of arrogant humour is the key to Top Gear's success. So maybe JC is entitled to behave like a diva, abusing staff as he did - and perhaps as he has become accustomed to do. He is reported to be very relaxed about his suspension. He makes money for the BBC so they must let him do as he likes, even in a public place.

The BBC has not had a good press for the quality of its management lately, so they are perhaps facing a "wouldn't be starting from here" scenario in dealing with JC over this matter. But can they carry on letting JC misbehave in this sort of way, including physically abusing support staff?

Every programme has a life. Maybe it doesn't really matter if Top Gear does bring to a halt with the loss of JC. I have enjoyed some of his outspoken humour and cleverness of phrase but lately I've got a bit tired of the oafishness and I wonder how much his fellow presenters enjoy working with him. I don't watch TG as much as I used too and I find JC increasingly irritating rather than entertaining. I won't miss him much - and more importantly if he has become a bullying abuser of those employed to help him do his job, I think he should face the music.

I'll be glad to see the oaf go. I might start to watch Top Gear again. I got bored with his attitude years ago and stopped watching.

What's the BBC doing using a helicopter between Buttertubs and Hawes - It is only a few miles. I want my licence fee refunded.

Guest Had Enough

JC is brilliant!. When he left Top Gear in 1999 the viewing figures collapsed and it was taken off air a couple of years later. JC approached them with his own ideas and the beeb agreed to give it a go.

Since then it has become the BBC's biggest earner and the most-watched factual programme ever. It's shown in over 200 countries and has spin-offs and franchises in such places as the USA, Australia, Malaysia, Netherlands and Russia.

All this is down to JC and his two mates. They're witty, clever and very entertaining.

Jeremy is not politically correct and my two favourite suggestions from him are:

"We should have snipers at regular intervals along motorways. Anyone middle-lane hogging should be shot."

"Bus lanes should be abolished and only open up to cars costing £50K or more. Why should poor people be able to travel faster than me?"

He's clever, successful and now very rich. Which of course is why he's hated by all those who'd like to see everyone reduced to the same level of poverty whilst wearing identical Chairman Mao suits, or as they're also known, BBC employees. ;-)

So the Chef had clocked off for the night - did he not want to miss his Karate class ?

And presumably they were fresh out of 'waldorfs' ?

Couldnt they have offered him a 'Ritz' salad - apples, grapefruit and potatoes in mayonnaise ?

What happens in the next episode - in Clarksons review of a new electric car does he attack it with a small shrub ?

Guest Joe90

Sounds about right,

Cameron is a fan apparently.

Obviously happy to ignore the mainstream luvies calling him a racist, and ignoring various other non PC things he get's embroiled in, perhaps he'll just slope off with his millions and have the last laugh, oh I forgot you can't say slope.

It might be that the Assistant Producer whom JC mauled (and maybe thumped) should have planned ahead and ensure a full choice of food would be available late, just in case. They had filled the Hotel and with advance warning presumably could have kept a chef late - in which case JC's tantrum might be reasonable after a long day filming. But if JC did hold things up for three hours drinking in a pub and then kicked off with a childish temper it would be a different matter.

Anyway out will be the BBC's call so we will have to wait and see.

Guest Had Enough
malc d - 2015-03-13 11:33 AM

Interesting to read that Andy Wilman, the executive producer of Top Gear says the programme is aimed at people with a mental age of nine.

:-D

That's why it's such fun! (lol) An hour of silly escapism punctuated by some brilliant wit. It's something that po-faced, humourless lefties can't get their ninety-nine-year mental-age minds around.

Yep, and Clarkson is definitely a 'moron'. I wish I could be as moronic as him! :D How big has he made Top Gear? How much is he worth? >:-)

Anyway, I think nine is aiming it a bit high. ;-)

Had Enough - 2015-03-13 12:17 PM

An hour of silly escapism punctuated by some brilliant wit.

That, of course is debatable.

I haven't watched it for years because I found Clarkson 10 percent wit and 90 percent drivel on Top Gear

He has made a few good documentaries though.

;-)

JC , Cohen (Head Honcho) and the fella who got thumped (allegedly) will have to sort it out, along with BBC hierarchy

HOWEVER,

There are two, other presenters, a production team and three episodes to go, so why cancel them? Plenty of “Guest” presenters available IF required.

So as a Licence fee payer, my payment is down the tubes at worst or maybe paid to that nice Russell Brand fella (sic).

And not being used to aid the £50 million of income from syndicating Top Gear, which pays for other BBC programmes that feature other nere-do-wells.

Rgds

Had Enough - 2015-03-13 11:02 AM

JC is brilliant!. When he left Top Gear in 1999 the viewing figures collapsed and it was taken off air a couple of years later. JC approached them with his own ideas and the beeb agreed to give it a go.

Since then it has become the BBC's biggest earner and the most-watched factual programme ever. It's shown in over 200 countries and has spin-offs and franchises in such places as the USA, Australia, Malaysia, Netherlands and Russia.

All this is down to JC and his two mates. They're witty, clever and very entertaining.

Jeremy is not politically correct and my two favourite suggestions from him are:

"We should have snipers at regular intervals along motorways. Anyone middle-lane hogging should be shot."

"Bus lanes should be abolished and only open up to cars costing £50K or more. Why should poor people be able to travel faster than me?"

He's clever, successful and now very rich. Which of course is why he's hated by all those who'd like to see everyone reduced to the same level of poverty whilst wearing identical Chairman Mao suits, or as they're also known, BBC employees. ;-)

Really surprised at your comments here Frank, as know you, as are we, are very anti racist, yet Clarkson has had to apologize for making racist and sexist remarks. Assume your comments were made tongue in cheek.

Guest Had Enough
robertandjean - 2015-03-13 8:13 PM

Assume your comments were made tongue in cheek.

Nope! ;-) None of my comments about JC were tongue in cheek, but most of his are. Perhaps you're confusing the two?

He's politically incorrect but as anyone who really knows him will tell you he hasn't got a racist bone in his body. He just gets up the noses of the loony-left liberal brigade, the sort who cancel Christmas in case it offends other religions.

Hope that sets your mind at rest. ;-)

Archived