2 berth end kitchen and small - tips ?

meddyg

Looking for a small van-derived camper that we can use daily.

We like the Autosleeper layout in Ford transit Duetto - so I can have a daytime siesta without much bother! (So 'rock and roll style of T4/5 etc probably out) Still keen cyclist - off on weekend Audax or CTC rides so double door useful at back (but bike rack or tow hook will do).

My wife prefers hi-top rather than pop top; I liked driving Vivaro hire vans with adequate M-way power and cab A/C . Anything else I should look at ? Budget up to £20K

meddyg - 2015-03-13 3:05 PM

We like the Autosleeper layout in Ford transit Duetto - so I can have a daytime siesta without much bother! (So 'rock and roll style of T4/5 etc probably out).

Hi..

We had a 2003 Duetto a few years back. It was a great van, very well put together and well equipped(...although we could've done without a full oven, especially in what is after all is, more of a "camper"van).

Bed making was relatively quick and easy..but, as with any smallish van, when stored the bedding took up a fair bit of the storage..

We ended up carrying our "outdoor kit"(lead, ramps, chairs, walking boots etc) in a swing out.rear storage box, mounted from the towbar/step bracket and we found this invaluable

(..but it seems you'll have a bike rack in that location ).

Also ours did have a comparatively "muted" blue interior ...a good many have horrendous swirly, floral green or pinky-red décors! (lol)

Archived