Beat This Ferry Price

robin

Just booked - 2 people, 6.8 meter MH - Dover Calais return in November for £56. Where? Direct on the SeaFrance website. Out at 4.30pm on a Saturday, back at 11.15 am on a Sunday two weeks later. Other times are more expensive, but these suit us perfectly as we will overnight at the Le Touquet Aire after and before. Saver fares are available at £25 each way, but these are non-amendable. (lol) :->

Hi, Excuse my question a bit off track. Could you let me know where this Aire is (Le Touquet). We have travelled to France often in motorhomes, and have never stopped at one. We usually stay on overflow fields on sites if we arrive late, but these Aires seem to be the "done thing" :

Hi, There are 2 Aires for one of them follow the airport signs then head towards the equestrian (horses) centre and you cannot miss it, holds about 70+ MH and has electric points for 50+ these are minimum numbers ? it also has toilets the charge was 7 euro/night and the chap collects the fee at approx 3 pm or did when we stayed ? The other is next to the beach it can be seen from the one above if you just follow the ? road as near to the river/inlet as you heading towards the town you will see it on your left Quite a number of people stay over night at the equestrian Aire over night and then move to the one nearer the beach during the day, ? we didn't hope that helps [QUOTE]skottle - 2006-10-10 6:59 PM Hi, Excuse my question a bit off track. Could you let me know where this Aire is (Le Touquet). We have travelled to France often in motorhomes, and have never stopped at one. We usually stay on overflow fields on sites if we arrive late, but these Aires seem to be the "done thing" :[/QUOTE]

Hi, Just a word of caution regarding the Seafrance fares, if you chose the Saver option just remember they are not amendable which means that if you miss your times you lose your money and if you look at the cost of a single return ferry there dosen't appear to be the same type of disscounts offered eg £25 saver return the same time or the next later ferry booked as a single 100+ euros. I do take a chance with the saver fares but its worth knowing the possible pit falls ? Has anyone found anyway of booking the saver fare for the outward trip and an amenndable fare for the return ? the web site seems to assum that if you book a saver then you want it for both journeys ?

[QUOTE]Norma - 2006-10-11 1:37 PM Has Le Touquet gone up to 7 euros a night? And that is without paying 2 euros for the water. We make that our start and finish spot but if it has gone up again since the summer... Compared with here it is still worth it, but...[/QUOTE] Norma, An overnight stop we often use is the quay side at Boulogne, there are usually motorhomes there most of the year. If you want to empty your grey & black tanks and fill up with fresh water it can be done at the Auchan, Boulogne which is signed from the A16. Don

[QUOTE]Norma - 2006-10-11 1:37 PM Has Le Touquet gone up to 7 euros a night? And that is without paying 2 euros for the water. We make that our start and finish spot but if it has gone up again since the summer... Compared with here it is still worth it, but...[/QUOTE] The one near the beach was 5Euros at the end of August - I have never managed to pay though - no-one seemd interested in collecting the money. :-|

We were paying 6 euros in July and early August and the guys were always there midafternoon or 10ish in the morning in the hope of catching the evening one's missed. I look forward to seeing the smiling man who has been collecting for a few years. Managed to find out all about his hols in Edinburgh with no English on his part. He is regular but his assisstants change regularly.

Archived