CDE PC-200 flashing

Warree

We have a pc-200 in a horse box as part of the PCE complete systim. The PC-200 and the connected lighting has started flashing on and off instead of turning on. The pair of leisure batteries are new and fully charged. What component has likely failed please?

Many thanks in advance :-D

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums, Tony.

If you don’t have instructions for the CBE PC-200 system they can be found here

http://benimarownersclub.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/PC100_PC200_DS300_ENcircuits-1.pdf

I don’t think the instructions will help much though, as although leds on the control-panel will flash to warn of things like a discharged battery, as I understand it that’s nothing like what’s happening in your case. The instructions say how the system should operate when it’s working properly, but there is no trouble-shooting advice.

I’d be tempted to check the main fuse (probably close to your leisure batteries) and every fuse in the DS-300 distribution-box, but I’m not optimistic that would fix the problem. I’m guessing that it’s more likely that the problem lies with the DS-300 unit rather than with the control-panel, but I certainly wouldn’t bet on that!

You might try seeking advice here

http://www.thecbecentre.co.uk/magento/cbe/it/contacts

or from CBE itself

http://www.cbe.it/en/node/896

I had a similar thing go wrong with our 200 control panel

It was a ear piercing alarm

How i stopped it and reset the system was to prise the outer moulding off unscrew the fixing screws

Having done that i unplugged the connecting block from the panel and then reconnected same.

It reset itself

try it you have nothing to loose

Many thanks Derek

I found the same as you when I downloaded and read the instructions

I have already emailed the cbecentre but they replied that they were only retailers and could not offer advice

So I just emailed your second suggestion so fingers crossed for Monday.

I would strongly suspect you have a faulty or corroded connection somewhere on either the power feed or earth circuits.

Your PC200 has a low voltage cut-out, quote...

MINIMAL VOLTAGE CONTROL

An electronic device switches all the 12V mains off, when the leisure battery reaches the minimal voltage

level of 10V. It is possible to switch on again all the mains for 1 minute by switching off and then on again

the main switch.

They are also automatically switched on again when the voltage is > 12V

So when you press the power ON button the panel tries to power up, the voltage promptly falls below 10 volts and it all shuts down again.

Do you have a voltmeter and are you capable of fault finding with it? If so start checking for a faulty connection on either power OR earth side.

If not then you need to find a good auto electrician to fault find for you.

I hope this diagnosis is correct and that you do not have a problem with your panel.

Keith.

Archived