insurance renewal

tonyg3nwl

That time of year for me, so rang around the various companies, eventually settled on Caravan club.

tried Safeguard, Shield, and Caravan Guard, but easily beaten by CC, so no contest..

Next is habitation and mot arranged for Thursday next, and then dreaded Tax renewal

Tonyg3nwl

tonyg3nwl - 2015-03-14 12:00 PM

That time of year for me, so rang around the various companies, eventually settled on Caravan club.

tried Safeguard, Shield, and Caravan Guard, but easily beaten by CC, so no contest..

Next is habitation and mot arranged for Thursday next, and then dreaded Tax renewal

Tonyg3nwl

We have just renewed with the Caravan Club it was £164 which is £18 less than last year so I did not bother going out for any new quotes.

I have also done the rounds. recently - will renew next week.

Whilst CC were cheaper At £189.....when you add on breakdown Uk & Foreign & legal it works out more expensive than my current provider (Shield) and I do have a cheaper quote from Caravan Guard who I will probably change to next week- as Shield can't offer me lower than £335 that they have quoted all in with legal also. Caravan Guard have quoted £298 all in

A strange experience with Saga. I went online for a quote, got £161, thought it not bad. Went back 2 days later, quote had gone up to £172. Phoned Saga to query, was told 'our prices do vary, not much I can do about it.' 2 days later, quote of £166. I should have taken it then and there, as again 2 days later, when I went back on their website, I was told 'we cannot give you a quote'. Fed up, I went to the caravan club, although their quote was slightly higher than Saga, at least it was consistent.

So it looks like Saga have adopted Ryanair pricing, varying by the day. I can understand this with Ryanair, after all, if a popular flight is nearly full, they might as well aim for maximum profit out of the last few seats. However, I cannot understand the thinking behind Saga varying their prices every day rather than giving you a quote that is fixed for the next month. Has anybody else come across Sagas variable pricing, or suggest a reason why they do it? Their behaviour has certainly lost them my business.

Hi folks, it is interesting to see the results that others have had from various companies.

we have to remember, that each company prices its quote on the information provided. Variations of drivers ages , experience, no claimbonuses, driving history, convictions claims history, one or 2 drivers on policy, and days covered for european use, variations in contents cover, and policy excesses, etc.

However, as has been pointed out, extra continental cover such as cc red pennant does bring total cost in my case up to comparison with other insurers., so just comparing quotes is like comparing chalk and cheese. We must all pay attention to the detail,

whichever you have chosen , lets us all drive very carefully, and maintain our no claim bonuses.

Remember to drive safely whichever side of the road you should be using. Have a nice trip.

Tonyg3nwl

Archived