urgent dog re home required

ips

Long story short my daughter needs to re home her German shepherd two year ish old bitch. No fault with the dog purely very complicated personal reasons. Kennelled dog has lived outside on a farm. Very nice dog. Can anyone help me out.

Lancashire area.

Guest peter
Doesn't look too promising. German shepherd......not a pet as not kept in house. I wish you luck for the dogs sake. as no dog in my view should live outside. They are pack animals and like to associate with their owners and not be left alone.

Guest pelmetman
Another option maybe the police, as I believe they will take German Shepherds to train up for their dog sections ;-).............

In know way trying to put anyone off but my experience of German shepherds has not been great

I've been bit three times at seperate times in my life and all have been German shepherds , arm , face and leg

I personally take a wide berth of em . As Dave says the fuzz maybe an option or security dog ?

Good luck

Send it Frank as a present ;-) >:-)

Good idea to offer to Police/Army/security / Think maybe they prefer dogs to bitches .?. Bitches are better than dogs for pets. We had one for 12 years , brought up with my children, the youngest was born after we had the dog. She was very good with the kids, but she was a one person dog (mine) and would protect me if she thought I needed it.!!

Perhaps Dave and Sue would like another one???

Wish your daughter luck in finding her a new hoome

PJay

Guest pelmetman
PJay - 2015-03-15 12:39 PM

Perhaps Dave and Sue would like another one???

NO FEAR 8-) .............Reckon there's a bit of Shepherd in Kira already along with a bit of Greyhound, bit of Lab, bit of a few other hounds as well :D ..........

She's settled in well, although we daren't leave her, as being very much a puppy she's into chewing things that dangle *-) ...........makes my night time trip to the loo interesting, as I prefer to sleep Commando style 8-) ........

Although her table manners are better than Troy's :D ...........

P1010258.JPG.8c50f24a14f5700091cda4a38fff7b83.JPG

A little light hearted, true story about Alsations

Some years ago a friend of mine bred and trained Alsations for obedience training.

One afternoon he received a request for assistance from the Police, a large black Alsation dog was running around in a field. It had no collar on and every time it was approached it reacted with loud barks and bared teeth.

My friend offered to help and went to the scene.

In the middle of the field was this large dog, my friend walked up to it and firmly said SIT

The dog sat down, my friend walked up to it, slipped a lead on it and walked it out of the field and into his car..

Before you ask.

This was along time ago and I don't think our local force had a dog unit at the time

It was a beautiful dog and if memory serves me right no one claimed it and it was rehoused to one of his friends, not me, I would have loved it, but mother said no,

Guest peter
Well done IPS. Glad the dog has found a good home. They are not my favourite breed, but I wouldn't have liked to see it languishing in a sanctuary. One of the problems with then is that they frequently suffer from very expensive hip problems. You can tell, when their back end starts to sag.

Archived