Ducato X250 Range Indication

Budgie823

I am assuming that the Range indication on the driver panel of the X250 is an estimate of the mileage left in the fuel tank. Is it normal for this indication to jump all over the place i.e. 100 one minute, then 190, then maybe 160. I appreciate it is only a guide but it may as well not be there. On my car there is always a gradual decrease in the mileage which broadly relates to the distance I have driven.

The mpg is based on your present fuel consumption, so can vary with how hard you are driving over the past few minutes. In the menu there are two mpg read outs, one of overall range based on present fuel consumption, and one that tells you your immediate fuel consumption, this reads 99mpg when idling and less than 10mpg when you put your foot down, the overall calculation will vary with your recent driving.

Yes, it can be very erratic - once settled though it may give a rough estimate of how many more miles you can do on that tank of fuel. I tend to go by the fuel gauge mainly, and although again not totally accurate, gives an indication, but especially when IN France, I will always fill up whenever I have done say 100 miles or so, if I see a reasonable price, and a Fuel station which is actually accessible - which seems to be more of a problem in many hypermarkets as the years go by!

That's a pain. I have the new Fiat on order.

My Renault master and past ones have all been spot on with a 50 plus mile reserve.

The wife's car is exact , she rang me to say she only had 7 miles, no problems I said. She didn't enjoy the walk home!!!

Thanks for the feedback. I've tried working through the menu but, whatever you do, the reading remains erratic. It's not a big deal but a little frustrating and I think I'll just rely on the fuel gauge and forget about the indication.

IMO after you have used the range meter for some time it can be very useful, but it does need some interpretation.

With our long-range tank the actual range can vary from 600 miles to 800 miles depending mainly on speed, any range meter that can tell how long a full tank is going to last would need to know what speed I'm going to drive over that tank full, there's none I know of that can do that, but towards the bottom of the tank when there might be say 50 miles to get home I might want to know if I need to fill up, 1/8 of a tank full will get me home but try reading that off the gauge.

Archived