Gas

Tracker

If anyone has or knows of a used 6kg refillable gas bottle for sale, any recognised make, could they PM me with details please.

I have one 13kg Calor Propane (red) empty bottle as well as one spare 6kg Calor lite (red and not subject to recall) which I will no longer need when I get a refillable.

Reason for change - changing vans - back to a compact coachbuilt!

Tracker - 2015-03-16 11:41 AM

If anyone has or knows of a used 6kg refillable gas bottle for sale, any recognised make, could they PM me with details please.

I have one 13kg Calor Propane (red) empty bottle as well as one spare 6kg Calor lite (red and not subject to recall) which I will no longer need when I get a refillable.

Reason for change - changing vans - back to a compact coachbuilt!

Did not take you long to see sense then. (lol) Why bother with a second-hand bottle, you can get a new one with gauge for just over £100.

pepe63 - 2015-03-18 6:57 PM

Brian Kirby - 2015-03-18 6:54 PM

Pax vobiscum chaps!

Come on..own up...Who else had to Google that?...:$

(lol)

Me too!

We live more in hope than expectation unfortunately!

And may your God go with you!

Tracker

About a year to give it a fair chance - and another year finding the right van at the right price!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But what is the right price ? Those with deep pockets have different views of a price. If its a must have item then the pockets can be stretched to suit.

i.e. Next week I'm paying for some medical attention. The price is right to get the job done.NOW.

Will

Will85 - 2015-03-18 7:39 PM

But what is the right price ?

It is a 'would like' not a 'must have' item so in this case the right price is the right price for us which means that it is a cost that we feel comfortable with, and obviously I cannot speak for anyone else as everyone else will have their own ideas of the right price for any goods or services they decide to purchase?

Simples!

Hi Rich. The van looks nice. Wish I could afford one as I like Auto-Sleepers. That was our first van when the "brothers" were in charge and they treated us very well. In fact we had the cab blinds off them which were the prototype for ones of their ranges. Are you buying new?

Tracker - 2015-03-16 12:39 PM

Thanks Chris - yes - an Autosleepers Executive 50th Anniversary Edition - 4 years old and immaculate!

Wow, a real collectors van, bound to hold its value, easy to park, yet on a modern chassis. Good one Rich. I still miss the 'usability' of my old Talisman. Shame about the 'Talbot' bit though.

Many thanks folks and it is always good when nice people are friendly and say pleasant things.

Not new Patricia - 4 years old and one of the first made so it does not have a solar panel - yet - but on the other hand nothing like the new price of £56k ish - depending on year and spec of a new one. As we live just 5 miles from the A/S factory if we do get any issues they are handy and we too always found the Trevelyan family wonderfully supportive and helpful long after any warranty has expire. I wonder if that still applies!

Marquis sold the very last new one about a month ago and that had been on sale at £54k. They do have another 12 regd at £49k but I can assure you that we are paying much much much less than that for ours and with a respectable if not spectacular p/x leaving a modest balance to pay!

Ray - vans are only collectable when you are buying them - nevertheless being allegedly 'sought after' we do hope that it hang on to more of it's shekels than many do - as has the Warwick Duo!

Howard - I am sure that someone will soon be along to point out the error of my ways for preferring British made vans and their more user friendly and comfortable (for us) layouts!

Will85 - 2015-03-19 10:10 AM

Tracker re-reading your comment about pricing and ... "a cost that we feel comfortable with" ... I see you had answered my next query, so deleted it. That just about sums up 'any purchase by anyone'.

Will

Will - my sincere apologies - I omitted to wish you the best of luck and good fortune for a successful outcome to your forth coming treatment.

Don't leave us just yet as hopefully you have plenty more camping miles, and forum postings, before you head off to that great Aire / Campsite / Car park - depending on your religion - in the sky!!

Please let us know how it goes.

Tracker - 2015-03-16 12:39 PMThanks Chris - yes - an Autosleepers Executive 50th Anniversary Edition - 4 years old and immaculate!

Oh you can tell the folk with Money........ Nice one Rich ,hope you have years of safe journeys and lot of Pleasure with it.  Enjoy Mate.  

Archived