GEIST SPIRIT 560 - WATER PROBLEM

squids

Hi everyone - new to to this forum - and desperate for help.

I have a Geist Spirit 560 Motorhome. I seemed to have developed a problem with water pressure. All was working well earlier before the summer. Not sure if pressure started to drop off in shower, but we eventually lost pressure down to trickle during our summer break. I figured it was a pump problem and fitted another pump during the trip. It didn't help. Used sites with shower blocks and carried water for a couple of months until it was put away for the winter.

I figured it wasn't a big problem and decided to re-look at it today. The water is just dumping to the outside of the motorhome when the pump runs. I have the solenoid safety valve in the closed position but it still seems to dump all the water. The other valve is closed (I believe) but have tried it in all positions - just in case. The lever is either vertical or flat - I assume flat is closed?

I would appreciate any help.

I am sorry but from your discription, I cannot picture the problem. WHICH solenoid safety valve ? and where is the water coming from to dump outside the van ? Did You replace the pump ? is it a 'Submersible' or a inline Pump ? need more info. Not familiar with the Geist spirit 560 system.

As a quick guess it sounds like the seal has split on your solenoid safety valve. try removing it and see if you can strip it down. If not see if you can blow through it from the overflow pipe.

If all else fails replace it, it's bound to cheaper than the pump!

PS Does the valve have a makers name on it?

Keith.

Sorry but I am working from memory- but we had a similar problem.

The fault was with a T shaped junction on the outside of the heater- one of the pipes from this was the overflow pipe.

I think that there is a type of ball valve inside the junction which gets stuck.

Like you the result was that water was going out of the overflow pipe reducing the amount going to the taps.

It was resolved by having a new junction.

Hope that this might be of some help.

We used to have a Geist Spirit 560. Just to confirm the drain lever should be in the flat position as you say. The safety valve should be pulled up till it clicks and stays up. If it will not stay up (due to the temperature being low) then I used to put a bent paper clip around the base of it to keep it in position till the boiler warmed up, it would then stay up. Hope its a simple fix.

We had our Geist for a good few years and thought it was a great vehicle. We part ex'd it in 2013 just after I'd spent ages treating and painting surface rust in the wheel arches (common Ducato problem). So the new owner will benefit from that. Wasn't you was it :-D

Guest peter
JasmineAnders - 2015-03-16 7:52 PM

Sorry but I am working from memory- but we had a similar problem.

The fault was with a T shaped junction on the outside of the heater- one of the pipes from this was the overflow pipe.

I think that there is a type of ball valve inside the junction which gets stuck.

Like you the result was that water was going out of the overflow pipe reducing the amount going to the taps.

It was resolved by having a new junction.

Hope that this might be of some help.

Know this one well. Take off the T junction and tie off the pipe until you get another one off E.bay, cost about £3 each.

Many thanks guys.

I assume the tee piece to which you refer is the top outlet from the boiler with a 10mm plastic vent/overflow hose heading through the floor of the motor-home. I will try and add a picture of the tee piece (grateful if you could confirm that it is the one you have indicated).

As an experiment I bent the breather tube to restrict any flow and water started to come out of the taps. So I will order another.

Again thanks for your help.

10.thumb.jpg.0730ee7b5b25586c665bb90defeea2df.jpg

Archived