Another broken mirror (Citroen PVC post 2006)

HymerVan

Got too close to a parked van today and cosmetically smashed the front face of may nearside mirror

(2012 Citroen Relay) Its plain black mirror but has electric adjustment and folds. I know about Mirror Guards/Milenco but unfortunately the damage extends to the arm where the mirror attaches to body so would not be fully covered by a mirror guard and therefore would look cosmetically unsatisfactory. Mirrors themselves indicator, adjustment and folding all work fine but doesn't look good sealed with duck tape. Are there any viable options to replace the outer shell or will I have to fork out for a complete assembly.

Guest Peter James
You will have to fork out for the complete assembly, but a Google / ebay search will save you a large percentage off the main dealer price.

Whilst replacement mirrors are available as pattern parts it turns out that none of the aftermarket parts are available in the version which has electric folding (as opposed to just adjustment) so I will have to fork out for an OEM part. Thanks for contributions anyway. No breakers have any readily available either.

If you prefer electric folding mirrors fair enough but having had them on cars for years and never used them I personally would not pay extra for it - although I readily accept that others do and would!

On the odd occasion we need to fold the van mirrors when on the road we find it easy enough to wind the windows down and do it manually and similarly on the odd occasion when parked to fold them as you leave and unfold on return is no real hardship?

Guest Peter James
i suppose we should go outside to fold our mirrors out when you remember why we folded them in the first place. A passing vehicle could take your hand off.

Archived