Getting older

dethleff

Apart from things like anybody voteing labour. I read this headline.

Elton John has called for a boycott of the Italian designers – he has two sons with his husband David Furnish, born via a surrogate mother and IVF, and has rightly been upset by their comments.

Does this mean Elton John is his wife?

Can't keep up with this changing world.

dethleff - 2015-03-17 12:50 PM

Apart from things like anybody voteing labour. I read this headline.

Elton John has called for a boycott of the Italian designers – he has two sons with his husband David Furnish, born via a surrogate mother and IVF, and has rightly been upset by their comments.

Does this mean Elton John is his wife?

Can't keep up with this changing world.

Well after we got the chance to buy gas from an electricity company , and now our Formula 1 World Champion racing driver wears earrings, I have given up worrying about such things.

;-)

As I understand it Elton and his spouse are, in the covention of same sex marriages, both "husbands" and this is part of the insistance of the homosexual community that what they do must be accepted by everyone as normal. Hence they have a right to be married, as normal people do. To speak against this right to be accepted as normal is homophobic, which although it sounds like it should mean being scared of the human species, in common usage only means being disapproving of homosexuality. Giving a new and catchy name to gainsayers bestows a useful air of impropriety to the accusation.

Dolce & Gabbana are homosexuals too and presumably therefore enjoy the same rights as other homosexuals (and heterosexuals) to have opinions and express them, except that expressing views which are homophobic (such as suggesting that Mr Elton's two children are in any way synthetic) might be regarded as inciting hatred of homosexuals, which in UK is a criminal offence.

So a homosexual marriage involves a pair of husbands or a pair of wives but not one of each and it is nevertheless an entirely normal relationship. Marriage has throughout the first twenty centuries of the Christian Era (and of course previously for quite a while too) involved one of each and having two husbands or two wives implies bigamy. There are still some countries where polygamy (or polyandry) are legal but most men think ne woman is quite enough to have to handle.

It's not clear that homosexuals enjoy any special privileges in relation to expressing critical views under our laws, so quite apart from trying to have their products shunned in UK for their views, if Dolce and/or Gabbana ever visit UK, Elton could try to have them arrested for inciting hatred of his children. Although they were born using IVF to a surrogate mother, in Elton's view it's quite wrong to suggest they are in any way synthetic. Elton's hairdo is a work of transplating genius but presumably Elton doesnlt regard that as synthetic either. Muslim countries would however provide Dolce and Gabbana with a safe haven from this sort of prosecution, but there might be a risk of much nastier punishment merely for being homosexuals.

Does that make it all clear?

I think most of us understand it Stuart so maybe clarity is not the issue?

The right of any two - or more - people of either or both sex to live together without prejudice or persecution should be their absolute constitutional right and I don't believe anyone reasonable would argue against that.

Whether it is beneficial for any child to be brought up in any same sex relationship is quite another issue and I would not wish to see any debate about that particular issue influenced by anyone's personal views - save to say that as a totally non religious guy I do share the Churches view - and it's not often I can say that!

On a lighter note and considering the damage, general lack of respect for either the law or other people, and the amount of flak that they cause to be rained down on the heads of normal motorhome users - this is really something else. Only in the UK?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31922773

Irony is a bit wasted on you then, eh Tracker?

I don't mind what grown ups do to each other in private as long as it doesn't involve abusing children or vunerable people but I'll make my own mind up about whether what they get up to is normal (or synthetic).

Guest pelmetman

Subject: Getting older

Without doubt is inevitable :-| ...............

Getting wiser and more mature? :-S ...........

Is clearly debatable :D ......

George Collings - 2015-03-17 11:17 PM

That science stuff abou penguins was really interesting. There are so many possible applications especially amongst the penguin racing community.

They only race them in hot countries - to see how far they get before the chocolate melts!

PS

You would waddle too if you had no knees!

Guest peter
Tracker - 2015-03-17 8:45 PM

peter - 2015-03-17 8:27 PM

Well start your own thread then.

A sharp tongue is no indication of a keen mind.

I your case that's probably true.

Archived