Dometic Skylight Fitted To Autotrail Low Profile Motorhomes.

Frank McAuley

I refer to above and especially the AT Delaware. Is anybody aware where I can purchase an internal thermal cover for this fairly expansive roof light please?

I would prefer an external screen but I feel the fitting/unfitting might be a problem . I accept the skylight has a 'type of thermal blind' but its insulation quality is very poor.

I am a bit confused about this, I have a the low line Savannah, the over cab sunroof has a pleated blind, enough to ensure black out conditions in the cab, and of course the the sunroof is double glazed. We have never found it to be a source of excessive heat or cold, we have though found the X250 cab to be a source of cold drafts(?).. Still unresolved.

We had the previous X250 AT Navajo with the super low line roof and now have the new X290 AT Savannah with the same style roof and like Ray, we never feel any cold through the 'panoramic' roof vent. We have been out with temperatures below freezing and no problem except for the cold draught coming up from the cab seat bases which can be cured to some extent by putting a spare blanket / cover across the seats at low level.

Alan

Strangely the prob is excessive heat but although the mhome is not used often in colder climes the cab area definitely feels cold when the temp drops.

Did I read somewhere that the foot wells of the cab is the source of the cold draughts?

BTW Vancomfort have agreed to make a thermal blind for me.

Frank McAuley - 2015-03-19 3:51 PM

Strangely the prob is excessive heat but although the mhome is not used often in colder climes the cab area definitely feels cold when the temp drops.

Did I read somewhere that the foot wells of the cab is the source of the cold draughts?

BTW Vancomfort have agreed to make a thermal blind for me.

Hi Frank

The cold cab area at low level is well known with the air coming in through vents in the cab chassis where the seat bases are - they have a couple of large vents with a thin fabric flap which allows cold air to come in through the seat base. Fiat do have blanking plates for them which are about £5 each and they just clip on over the holes.

As for the roof vent during the warm weather. Most of our use is in France where we have quite high temperatures during June / July and then again in September. All we do is pull the mesh blind across and have no problem, even more so if we open the vent a little.

Although we use an external Silver Screen over the cab windscreen during the colder weather we do have a large silver sun shade that we put across the internal of the windscreen while we are out for the day and that certainly helps keep the temperature down.

Alan

[

Hi Frank

The cold cab area at low level is well known with the air coming in through vents in the cab chassis where the seat bases are - they have a couple of large vents with a thin fabric flap which allows cold air to come in through the seat base. Fiat do have blanking plates for them which are about £5 each and they just clip on over the holes.

Alan

See here for info on draughty cabs http://www.atocuk.com/general-information/technical-hints-and-tips/

DJP - 2015-03-19 7:45 PM

[

Hi Frank

Alan

See here for info on draughty cabs http://www.atocuk.com/general-information/technical-hints-and-tips/

There have been various prices quoted for these blanking plates and the last one I saw was about £5 - not sure what date the post on AT Owners Club was as the £3 price looks cheap (not that the item is worth that anyway !).

When I was at the NEC show in October I spoke to them on the Fiat stand to ask if the X290 still had the holes in the cab chassis - both I and the Fiat guy on the stand got under the cab and yes - they are still there ! When I next go past our nearest Fiat commercial dealer I will pop in to buy / order them.

As for the vent holes in the doors the later X250 cab did not have any - well not on our 2013 model.

Alan

DJP - 2015-03-19 7:45 PM

[

Hi Frank

Alan

I have just ordered a pair of these, now upto £7.50 each !! Fiat will wonder what has happened with all the sudden sales , they had to be ordered from Italy.

Just a final question please: the AT Members' Site mentions one vent on the N/S whereas this thread refers to two vents below the seats?

Maybe I've misread the AT Members' site but perhaps the contributors who offered this most useful info re the vents can enlighten me please?

Frank McAuley - 2015-03-20 7:23 PM

Just a final question please: the AT Members' Site mentions one vent on the N/S whereas this thread refers to two vents below the seats?

Maybe I've misread the AT Members' site but perhaps the contributors who offered this most useful info re the vents can enlighten me please?

Frank

I only checked one side at the NEC but judging from the draught that was coming up through the seat bases when we picked our new MH up (stayed a couple of nights at Cirencester) then there must be one vent on each side. I will get under ours tomorrow and have a look.

Alan

AlanS - 2015-03-20 7:45 PM

Frank McAuley - 2015-03-20 7:23 PM

Frank

I only checked one side at the NEC but judging from the draught that was coming up through the seat bases when we picked our new MH up (stayed a couple of nights at Cirencester) then there must be one vent on each side. I will get under ours tomorrow and have a look.

Alan

Yes, there is a vent on both sides.

Archived