Single bloke arriving with MHome

Happyhacker

i am thinking of getting my first MH and want to use it to go path walking around the UK. mostly I will be on my own. I was wondering if camping sites have policies about single men arriving especially during the holidays. Anyone advise if this is a problem? Thanks

Guest peter

It might be a problem for you, as you will have to do all your own cooking and washing up.

Other than that, why should it?.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I am not aware of sites not accepting single people although some sites do not accept same sex groups for reasons of perceived rowdiness.

However you might find the site fees a bit eye watering in high season and it might be worth considering joining either the Caravan Club or Camping and Caravan Club to make use of their small Certificated 5 unit sites which are often, but not always, more cost effective and can be in some very convenient locations for walking.

The Caravan Club used to have the most of these sites but maybe if you Google 'Certificated Sites or Locations' for some info and come back with any questions?

I often travel on my own nowadays as my wife has Parkinson's and cannot often come. I have never found a problem with this. The Caravan Club and Camping and Caravan Club charge per person plus pitch fee which usually works out more realistic than commercial sites which charge the same for one person as for a large family and are often very expensive. CL's as already mentioned are more realistic on pricing but often without the fancy facilities.

Hi Happyhacker, I used to do the same, but with my dog, only very occasionally stayed on sites, but always found a suitable place in quiet car park to overnight, mainly in the southwest. A dog with you is good security, she always let me know if anybody was snooping about late at night. The odd campsite I did use, I never had a problem, so just go for it, and happy hiking.

Hi and welcome.

I did a week solo in Scottish Highlands with van last summer, wife was in Italy. No problems at all with sites.

Bigger problem was getting used to having van to myself - permanent single bed, own music playing, fresh water lasting about 5 times as long etc. Hillwalking and cycling at will. Flipping marvellous.

On her return, wife not impressed with suggestion that maybe a van each would be a good idea.

Enjoy. :D

Go for it man. You'll not encounter any problems though it would obviously be wise not to approach any young children. Not only will it provide a convenient base for your walking but you'll also meet no end of interesting and varied people both on and off site if you are so inclined.

We see lots of single people in motorhomes oddly enough there seem to be more ladies usually with dogs than there are single men.

Never heard of any problems with bloke on his own.

Furthermore it's a poor poor world we live in if every man holidaying on his own is viewed to be a problem in any way.

Enjoy.

P's

We currently have two single blokes in Campers on our cs for the weekend and we never gave it a second thought.

Archived