Low oil pressure

tomboy99

Guest peter
probably because engine was almost stopped. I would not worry about it unless it happens with normal running. Just keep an eye on it.

As it is new and under warranty I would be inclined to at least speak to Fiat about it.

It might be OK but then again it might not so as it will cost nowt to enquire and cover yourself in case of future failure you may as well be sure?

tomboy99 - 2015-03-22 8:18 AM

Got a "low oil pressure" warning on dash the other day, new fiat ducato. Oil level was ok. When thinking about it, van was close to stalling in 3rd gear on a country, bumpy track. Thoughts?

Rgds Tom

Do you know what the actual engine speed was at the time? Third gear seems an odd choice for negotiating a track of the type you describe. Once the revs drop below about 1500 there is not that much torque to overcome uneven ground, so a near stall seems quite feasible. Would be worth running it past a Fiat commercial dealership to see if it has stored any fault codes. If not, as other have said, I think you probably allowed the revs to fall too much, resulting in a near stall and consequent loss of oil pressure. Best avoided in future, you don't want to stress those parts that should be running on an oil film when there is no oil film!

Got a "low oil pressure" warning on dash the other day, new fiat ducato. Oil level was ok. When thinking about it, van was close to stalling in 3rd gear on a country, bumpy track. Thoughts?

Rgds Tom

3rd gear on a country, bumpy track ???????? are you mad ?????????

Change your driving style, slow down, lower gear and higher revs and it won`t happen !

Southender - 2015-03-24 9:08 AM

Rgds Tom

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Change your driving style, slow down, lower gear and higher revs and it won`t happen !

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that's how to get a message across.!!!!!!

Guest peter
rolandrat - 2015-03-24 10:08 AM

Rgds Tom

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quite. But correct. As was the first reply to this thread. The rest is rubbish. :D

It is no wonder that new people do not stay long on this forum when they get treated the way that some of you have treated this Tomboy99.

You should be ashamed of yourselves for being so rude and apologise both for the unprovoked snide and failure to make any attempt to answer his question sensibly.

Hey Tracker,

Thanks for the support, but I am well able to handle this type of behaviour. As I get older I have learned to ignore them. Life is too short. As my mum used to say. If you can`t say anything nice. SAY NOTHING

Rgds Tom

Guest peter

I think your comment is more fitting to yourself. See below.

humility

noun

noun: humility

the quality of having a modest or low view of one's importance.

"he needs the humility to accept that their way may be better"

synonyms: modesty, humbleness, modestness, meekness, lack of pride, lack of vanity, diffidence, unassertivenes

rolandrat - 2015-03-24 10:08 AM

Rgds Tom

Thank you, i do try.

Rgds Tom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It shouldn't happen no matter what gear or speed he is doing or his so called driving style. Hump back, swtchback or bumpy track, at the end of the day it's a functioning engine.

Archived