Dartford crossing charge

Colin17

For those with a Dartford crossing account there appear to be some bugs still to be ironed out. I have just had an email to say that my account would be closed as it was overdrawn. It transpired that on 2 of 4 crossings our 6m coachbuilt had been classified as a commercial vehicle and charged at the higher rate. Different directions, different days indeed months so no pattern. The system has cameras to read your plate and lasers to measure the vehicle.

Customer services were very good and the money is being refunded, but if we had gone over on the way to France it would have been less easy to sort out.

The moral is keep a check on your account particularly if the balance is getting low.

When i first set up my account it was trying to charge me the commercial rate.

I rang customer services and they sorted it out for me.

It used to show my reg, then class b-cars and then the fee per crossing of £1.67.

Now i`ve noticed it still shows the reg and class but has stopped showing the fee per crossing.

I`ll be using it next month so i`ll check the balance over the next couple of days to see how much

is actually deducted.

We had set up an account which we have used and in February were notified that it had been topped up following a return journey. Yesterday had an email from Dart Charge to say that the payment had not been taken and would be taken again in next 10 days. I had checked and the second £10 had not been taken in February so wait to see if it is taken soon. Our account does show £20 paid less four journeys at £1.67 so they do have problems. But our problem maybe due to the credit card date having expired so I wait for it to work this time.

I do like the new system though, saves a lot of time.

Archived