Remember those riots ?

antony1969

Four years ago when violent thug Mark Duggan was shot dead by cops in London remember the riots , the robbing of TVs and stereos and clothes shops emptied all in his name as he was according to those looting not carrying a gun when the nasty police shot him

Well turns out after a full investigation costing god knows what that this little angelic , innocent young man was indeed carrying a hand gun ... Can't believe it

Guest pelmetman

But you forget Antony ;-) ............It's our fault he turned into a scum bag............

Or so the professional apologists would have us believe *-) ............

But that's today's society for you.....no one is responsible for their actions anymore.........if they were, think of all the lawyers who would be out of work :D ..........

pelmetman - 2015-03-26 1:14 PM

But you forget Antony ;-) ............It's our fault he turned into a scum bag............

Or so the professional apologists would have us believe *-) ............

But that's today's society for you.....no one is responsible for their actions anymore.........if they were, think of all the lawyers who would be out of work :D ..........

Well I'm just glad the lad can rust in peace now all that investigation stuffs out of the way and I hope the cop who put that gun in his hand and those that made him into a criminal get a slap ... Send in Clarkson I say

The behavior of the arsonists during those riots was endangering life and it would have been interesting if shooting one or two might have either damped the rioting or provoked an escalation.

It would have taken a fair bit of bottle to have declared martial law and sent the troops in.

I wonder if any plans have been put in place for the future.

An interesting question to put to any parliamentary candidate on one doorstep over the next few weeks.

Guest peter
In your day the old rubber hoses/coshes would have come out and no messing. If my memories of the Met' are anything to go by George. :D

In some relatively recent demos in London there was a fair bit of waving of telescopic batons and some abuse with them. The offender was slung out eventually.

I got the impression that due to the speed it all happened manpower was not immediately available to take the decisive action needed to nip it in the bud.

Before the days of instant communication commanders on the ground could make instant decisions but nowadays scores of agencies are involved and numerous guidelines consulted ( H & S etc) before any future career threatening action is taken.

A It takes a brave man to give the order that will see a street filled with triple ranks of charging coppers with batons drawn. Tally Ho ( oops non PC term)

Sorry, cynicism overload time

Archived