NEC Show

hbarnett

I will be visiting the NEC this year for the first time. I guess many visitors spend a couple of days there to have ample time to see everything. My motorhome is out of action so this is not an option. Is it possible to cover the whole show in one day or will I have to plan in advance and set myself preferences? Howard.

[QUOTE]Hymer C 9. - 2006-10-11 9:32 PM We have been to the NEC Feb show, which I believe not to be as big as the October show, and to see the Feb show we really need 2 days to see most of it, as it can be a tiring day, so to do one day will need to be well planned to get the most out of it Happy days, Carol.[/QUOTE Have to agree here 2 days is a must.

Hello Carebear, It should be easier to find the way round this show for those who are members of the Caravan Club. They have included a show preview with maps in their latest magazine. This means that it will be possible to plan a little in advance. We shall be there just for the day. Good luck and have fun.

We were going on Thursday. I had printed off the hall numbers from the NEC web-site plan and worked out which companies we wanted to look at and which Halls they will be displaying, therefore saving time wandering around on arrival. We were going to take our own grub and pop, again to save time [and money] ........... fold up chairs might be useful too? Have fun! Howard - what's wrong with your wagon?

If you are fit and able then you can do it in one day. If you want to look in every van then you need longer. We carry as little as possible as you end up buying and picking up leaflets. Food is expensive but a jacket potato or baguette is acceptable. It depends if you want an empty bag going in. Chris

Hi, We are going to go over the weekend which I know will be the busiest time but children and work commitments won't allow any other. I wish they would all attach balloons telling you what berth they were that would save so much time and effort climbing in and out, especially when everyone follows me in and then we all have to turn round and troop out again. In York I got to the stage where I just stuck my head in and managed to swing round and shout " No too small" or some other negative response just to stop the trail. Salesmen not too impressed but at least it was keeping their vans a little cleaner, considering the mud , but that won't be a problem at the NEC. Hope we actually find the one we want to see this time, to be able to compare with others. I know Brownhills Cannock have the very one, as I contacted them this week to make sure they still had it in, got them all excited I can tell you, think they are banking on a definate sale, not sure they would if they spoke to our bank manager.

[QUOTE]Lizzy - 2006-10-12 7:47 PM We were going on Thursday. I had printed off the hall numbers from the NEC web-site plan and worked out which companies we wanted to look at and which Halls they will be displaying, therefore saving time wandering around on arrival. We were going to take our own grub and pop, again to save time [and money] ........... fold up chairs might be useful too? Have fun! Howard - what's wrong with your wagon?[/QUOTE] Hi Lizzy, It's a Lunar, See PM Howard.

Archived