Socket on Boxer dash

kiwiaustin

Hi, I have an 2008 Peugeot Boxer based motorhome with a flip up clip board in the centre of the top of the dash. Just in front of the flip up ( nearer to the windscreen ) is a domed cover about 15mm diameter under which is an electrical socket. Does anyone know what the socket is intended for and what the connections are. Also, if it is not too much to ask where one can get a plug to fit this socket.

Hope someone has looked into this in the past, I would like to be able to connect a sat-nav or dash-cam to the socket if it has a 12v connection. (?)

Hi,

I do have the cover, but that is not my question. When you take the cover off there is a socket with three female connections and the plastic lug clips to hold a plug into position. If it is a socket for an accessory then it might be possible to use it for a sat-nav or dash-cam without the horrible wires draped across the dash from the cigarette lighter sockets.

I hope someone has already investigated the socket. (?)

If you are convinced that it is indeed a power out socket, have you considered putting a digital volt meter across the terminals to see if it is live with the engine on or off.

Without seeing it, if it has three connections one may be a locating pin to prevent reverse polarity?

Some vans come with a key fob operated alarm, does yours, and if so does it work and does your central locking work OK?

If all else fails you might ask the person you bought from or the previous owner or have a look at some others or maybe remove the radio and try to see where the wiring goes - but there ain't a lot of room in there to see much!

I am not sure but I think the socket is for an optional sensor for automatic air conditioning sytems. Possibly to detect mist on the windscreen or maybe just temperature. I certainly do not think it is an optional power connector and you would be best to leave well alone as you do not know what electronics is onthe other end and you might damage something expensive.

1928821620_dashsensor.JPG.26b47d099a2655c2080b4454ac93265f.JPG

Archived