Ec200 control panel

Aljo

Hi. I have an 2006 Autocruise starfire and just went to check everything over after the winter and find the control panel wont switch on, the display works fine , lights up and scrolls through the displays, but as it wont switch on I have no 12 volt supply, no pumps etc. the leisure battery is good 13.4v and vehicle battery is charging at the moment ,, was flat, now at 12.4v. before I send the unit to sargent for a fixed repair I thought I would throw the question out on the forum for any advice as I am a novice , this is our 1st motor home which we bought last summer .Ideally trying another unit would be best as they just plug in.

thanks

Alan

Thanks Derek.. yes downloaded that, but no information as to what might cause the on-off button not to work, thought it may be just a fuse but they al look ok on the PSU2007. Off to the 3 counties showground today so will see if I can gain any extra information there before I send the unit off.

I guess you’ve already done the obvious and contacted Sargent about the problem

http://sargentshop.co.uk/Technical-Support

as they have a good reputation for offering advice on their products.

As you rightly said at the beginning, substituting a control panel that’s known to be working properly for your panel should identify whether the problem lies with your panel or elsewhere. It certainly sounds like the fault lies with the panel, but it would be galling to have it returned from Sargent and being told that it had bench-tested OK.

(As your motorhome is coming out of winter hibernation, you might try playing some gentle heat from a hair drier over the panel to see if that does any good.)

When re-booting the control panel, it does say to leave it unplugged for 30 seconds before replugging it,

I know you probably DID wait that time, but 30seconds is a long time, it is to ensure that ALL power has drained from the electronics, before re-plugging.

Ray

I also find that contacts left alone over winter, could do with a spray of contact oil, to stop oxidation and poor contacts.

http://uk.farnell.com/electrolube/eml200f/contact-cleaner-200ml-aerosol/dp/279481?ost=279481&mckv=7RODfYrn%7Cpcrid%7C57122306949%7Cplid%7C&CMP=KNC-GUK-FUK-GEN-LISTINGS-SHOPPING&gclid=Cj0KEQjw_9OoBRChj9vMo5CHrdUBEiQAJ6YRPdvHf6ufdHVuvj1qb4W6NU9cERT5FW839LUome_tYXoaApSO8P8HAQ&gross_price=true

I have a 2006 Autocruise with the same control panel.

I do find that sometimes when the 'van has been standing for a long time in cold damp weather that some of the switches need a few pushes to work or may seem to operate and then go off. This corrects itself after a while when the van has warmed up.

You could try warming the panel slightly, say take it into your house and get it to room temperature for a few hours.

Harvey

Archived