silver screens

oorgiz

I don't think silverscreens do internal screens anymore, could be wrong though (usually am). Official Hymer accesories are sourced via movera, you can follow this link... http://www.movera.de/en/?navID=101&pID=1122&tpl=details&lang=2 Internal screens for A class Hymers are showing at €119 - get the relevant part number and then order via hymer uk if 'their' price isn't too silly. pete.

Although I don,t have or want either I have found that Taylor Made have a far better attitude than the sales man on the Silver Screens stand who only wanted to knock the competition. If their product is so good why do they have to rubbish the competition? That was my experience which put me off purchasing anything from Silver Screens.

Fiamma make internal silver screens. Clive, I must disaggree with you for once. Tried both Silverscreens and Taylormade for our vehicle. A year after placing the order, Taylormade had still not delivered despite repeated reminders at each show and by phone. Their list of excuses was legendary and could fill a really exciting book. Silverscreens delivered in less than a week and took special care to check whether we had Remis blinds (we do) which requires a different fit.

We had very good service from Taylor Made. The opposition couldn't be bothered to come over to our vehicle to measure up and make screens for a van they had not already got in their patterns - Mr. Taylor Made came over and measured up in wind and rain.

We had the same experience as Clive with Silverscreens Co, when we were at Peterborough a few years ago and looking for external screens for our Ducato cab, the attitude of the Silverscreens Co stank, slagging of the competition. The Taylormade ones were much cheaper for the same type of screen, ie with fold down, and I liked the fact that the screens themselves were properly hemmed, not just folded over and cross-stitched, making them less vulnerable to being caught on anything whilst taking them on and off. If the Silverscreens one had been the same price for the same quality etc, I'd still have gone for Taylormade ones. The only downside with our Taylormade ones is that they tie round the mirror using 'laces' threated through plastic eyelets, but I soon sorted this by putting on some of those toggles - round plastic with a hole through the middle and a spring with a small button to press to release the spring, the type that you find on jackets etc to tighten up the draw cords - cost 20p, problem sorted. Having not bought any for a few years I don't know if they have altered this now. I hear people commenting that Silverscreens are still knocking the competition - why do they do this? It's extremely bad PR and if they are like this about the competition, it doesn't bode well for how you might be treated, I sincerely hope that they have stopped for their own sake.

I have a Taylormade silver screen, not a insulated one ,use it for privacy and to keep heat out, but find it still very effective in cold weather, big advantage is it rolls up quite small, and it cost a lot less than Silverscreens. Chas

After I saw this thread, I contacted Movera to see if they could supply external screens for my Dethleffs Globetrotter A class. They can indeed, and it is a full front cover too, almost to ground level. Cost is roughly the same as I was quoted for a set of internal screens here, and I was able to order through Hymer UK. Movera are, apparently, also official Dethleffs suppliers, and their staff are really helpful, despite the language barrier.

Thanks to all who left comment, I have a set of internals for my current coachbuilt and have suffered condensation, I'm about to change vans to the Hymer which does come with external screens but I would like to keep my options open with a set of internals too. :-)

I should remember if this has come up before, but... is there a risk of the windscreen cracking in extreme heat when internal screens are used. We often see vans in Europe with cracked windscreens during the summer. Admittedly not motorhomes.

Personaly if I have to buy screens again I would go back to Silver Screens, very pleasant very helpful and fast delivery. Had taylor made on last vehicle they didnot fit at all well, and they did not stop condensation. The guy from silver screens gave me lots of other useful information over the phone. We have used them for over a year now and they are very good. If we ever get any condensation on the front screen I will put the screen heater on for a few minutes that will sort out the problem. As for knocking the conpetition it happens all the time in the commercial world, one way or another. You only have to look at the adverts in the press and TV. David

David Knocking each other in ads is the 'norm', doing it in the face of a potential customer is not, it just isn't good practice. No internal screens will stop condensation, in my experience they actually encourage it! We've got both internal and external and depending on the time of year we use whichever is most appropriate. Mel B (lol)

We have had both Silver Screens and Taylormade products and found them to be identical in makeup and performance. The Silver Screens was for our last 'van, a self converted Freight Rover LWB 310. Asked the guy at SS stand at York and he hapened to have a second hand one there and then, good price and pleasant enough to deal with. For our current 'van (1990 Highwayman on Talbot Express) I asked eddie Taylor of Taylormade at the Peterborough show and the same thing happened, he offered me a second hand one in excellent condition at a really good price. Can't complain about either company or their products. D.

Archived