Remis Blinds

starvin marvin

This will seem like a really daft question, but has anyone experienced loss of adhesion of the double sided tape that "secures" the pleated blind to the windscreen pillar? Cos I have!

I used some "ordinary" double sided tape I happened to have to refix, however this ain't strong enough to hold the blind when closed for privacy, particularly when its sunny. It seems it needs something stronger, any thoughts?

Would carpet type double sided tape work?

Or spray adhesive as used for fitting carpet - to avoid overspray spray some into an old can and (quickly) paint it on as it dries quickly?

Or, might be a bit bulky, but maybe sticky backed Velcro?

Or maybe Evo Stik type contact adhesive applied to both bits?

starvin marvin - 2015-03-27 8:15 PM

This will seem like a really daft question, but has anyone experienced loss of adhesion of the double sided tape that "secures" the pleated blind to the windscreen pillar? Cos I have!

I used some "ordinary" double sided tape I happened to have to refix, however this ain't strong enough to hold the blind when closed for privacy, particularly when its sunny. It seems it needs something stronger, any thoughts?

Yep it happened in the first few months on our last van (a Gold like yours). It was the front blinds, I got away with just pushing it back together, never did it again as I made a point of not leaving them closed for long periods in the summer.

You can get high strength double sided tapes that are very good & should do the job.

I used the strong one from here for other jobs it is very strong.

lennyhb - 2015-03-27 10:41 PM

starvin marvin - 2015-03-27 8:15 PM

Yep it happened in the first few months on our last van (a Gold like yours). It was the front blinds, I got away with just pushing it back together, never did it again as I made a point of not leaving them closed for long periods in the summer.

You can get high strength double sided tapes that are very good & should do the job.

I used the strong one from here for other jobs it is very strong.

Thanks for the reply, I stuck mine back but it happened again! You being a jammy so&so got away with it.

How do you know the stuff on the link you posted is high strength? It doesn't appear to say so.

Archived