Rear camera on Burstner Ixeo

Guest machra

Guest machra
Hi just wondering if anyone has fitted a camera on the rear panel of an ixeo time. I am looking at fitting one on my 585 and looking on the web at vans that have them fitted they appears to be mounted on the same panel as the rear stop light. I am looking for information on whether you have to take the panel off and if so how easy is it to get off, and more importantly back on. I assume you have to take this panel off as it appears to not be sealed at the top so any camera lead would have to be fed through this panel before the actual rear panel and then the lead will have to be sealed when entering both panels.

donna miller - 2015-03-29 11:41 AM

If you only want one to assist with reversing then fit it lower down on the rear panel by the numberplate and install a wireless one, alternatively and much easier are the numberplate surrounds with built in camera.

Fitting the camera lower down will mean you have blind spots to the lower corners of the van.

Wireless cameras are prone to interference and usually based on lower cost CMOS sensors. The digitally encrypted wireless cameras do perform well but are expensive. Very occasionally they freeze. You could pay a professional to instal a wired system for pretty much the same price as a digital wireless system.

Guest machra
Thank you for your input. I have fitted a wired system to a Hobby motorhome befe, one with a wiered shaped rear panel so I am happy doing the job, my question was primarily based on what was behind the little panel found on the rear of Burstners that includes the high level brake light. It seems to sit proud of the main rear panel and so I am assuming that it will need lifting off to ensure any camera wire is sealed through bothe the small panel 2hich the high level brake light is attache and the actual rear panel. Lastly, if I may, asnwe have a bike rack fitted have owners found that these obscure the view from the camera? I would assume so. Maybe better to go for parking sensors but my last van had those, fitted as standard by Burstner, and they were useless to be honest.

We have a Burstner Ixeo Time 590 with the camera mounted at the top.

With bikes on the rack, the camera is totally useless. Wouldn't have bothered with it if we had known it would be so, but had no idea when ordering the van.

I find the rev camera fine on our van with 2 tall bikes on the bikerack. I guess it does depend on the height at which the bike rack is fitted, although the rack is quite high on the Bailey to fit above the rear lights.

I guess it pays to get the camera as high as possible - ours is above the high level brake light and basically as high as it could go while still being on the flattish part of the rear panel.

AliB - 2015-03-30 1:26 PM

If you only want one to assist with reversing then fit it lower down on the rear panel by the numberplate and install a wireless one, alternatively and much easier are the numberplate surrounds with built in camera.

Fitting the camera lower down will mean you have blind spots to the lower corners of the van.

Wireless cameras are prone to interference and usually based on lower cost CMOS sensors. The digitally encrypted wireless cameras do perform well but are expensive. Very occasionally they freeze. You could pay a professional to instal a wired system for pretty much the same price as a digital wireless system.

Blind spots are eliminated by using the mirrors provided with the van. A camera is merely an aid and not to be relied on completely. Most cameras today are CCD. I have wireless systems on our van, my Qashqai and the old man's Focus. No interference whatsoever on any of them. I can never understand the negativity on this site whenever lower cost simple solutions are suggested.

donna miller - 2015-03-30 5:55 PM

AliB - 2015-03-30 1:26 PM

Blind spots are eliminated by using the mirrors provided with the van. A camera is merely an aid and not to be relied on completely. Most cameras today are CCD. I have wireless systems on our van, my Qashqai and the old man's Focus. No interference whatsoever on any of them. I can never understand the negativity on this site whenever lower cost simple solutions are suggested.

Someone will have to explain to me how mirrors provided with the van can see around corners. I am not trying to be negative purely pointing out the performance of the lower cost items so as people are armed with the facts and can make their own intelligent descision. I thought that's what forum discussion was all about.

Guest machra

I have a bike rack that sits very high up on the van, it is a wind up rack, so maybe a high level camera is not ideal as the bikes will interfere with the line of sight. As a result I have been looking at cameras fitted to the numberplate. Does any one have any experience with these? Looking at this one

http://www.parkingcameras.com/store/product.php?productid=307&cat=1&page=&featured=Y

Archived