Mattress

Globetrotter

Hi All Our recently purchased Dethleffs needs a new mattress for the fixed double bed-the old foam one has gone too soft!! We are thinking of replacing it with Dunlopillo latex. Questions-any views on Dunlopillo as a mattress material, and secondly, does anyone know where we could get one made ? I cant find a local supplier (I am near Birmingham.) They all seem to be miles away!! All help appreciated!

Most Continental converters use BULTEX. It's available, cut to size, from most Continental accessory places - there's an excellent one in Seclin, south of Lille. I haven't tried, but a search using Bultex may solve the problem. It's much less expensive than Dunlopillo. If your's is a standard size bed, then an Italian company called Waterlattex makes excellent matresses - we have them on all our beds. And the come in different grades of resilience (or hardness)

We have a domestic dunlopillo latex for our bed at home and it is excellent. 12 years old and still like new, allergy free, with no perception of movement when the other occupant turns over. However, it is very, very heavy (and was very expensive) and so would not really be suitable for a motorhome, unless there is a different grade for such a use.

Thanks for the suggestions-I have been in touch with "Foam for comfort" who have said that if I send them our existing mattress cover, they will quote for refilling it. The added benefit is that the bed remains useable whilst they are doing it! Sounds like a good solution.... :-D

[QUOTE]Globetrotter - 2006-10-12 6:06 PM Thanks for the suggestions-I have been in touch with "Foam for comfort" who have said that if I send them our existing mattress cover, they will quote for refilling it. The added benefit is that the bed remains useable whilst they are doing it! Sounds like a good solution.... :-D[/QUOTE] Last quote we had from them was very expensive, have you tried a local furniture upholsterer

Archived