elddis 120 - 2012 reg MOT Failure

aande83

Hi all. Thought I would pass on my latest motor home saga as a heads up for anyone coming up to their 1st MOT. Put my van in last Thursday only to be told to "Come and take it away. It has failed the MOT because it has European headlights - not UK ones"! (It is RHD bought new in the UK from an Elddis dealer). I contacted the Peugeot dealer who I have registered the van with from new and who carried out the 1st and subsequent interim service. They denied any responsibility and thought it should have been reported well before now. To cut a long day short! When I finally pointed out that I had put the van in for the MOT one month prior to the 3 year point they accepted that the van was still within the warranty period and Peugeot UK would allow replacement of the headlamps to comply with UK requirement. The van goes into the garage on Tuesday and all that is left for me to do is to re-book the MOT within the 10 day Grace period!

Over the previous 3 years I have covered 24,000 miles covering most countries in Europe. I was smug enough to have the plastic covers with the "beam benders" in place which I now know I did not need!! Thank goodness I always drove during daylight hours and have never been flashed by other drivers.

Archived