Campsites & Aires - Monaco to Cannes

Steve H

We are planning to travel along the south coast of France in June on our return from Eastern Europe.

Can anybody please suggest campsites and Aires on which we can stay between Monaco and Cannes?

We have in mind to use public transoprt to get to the main towns along that route.

hI,

we stayed near Antibes a number of years ago...site was called, I think Les Embrums, at Biot. It was very easy access to the sea plus travel to the other areas along the coast.

the ACSi Discount guide lists Les Frenes and Le Rossignol, both at or near Antabes, available on ACSI rates until early July...and I would suggest it may be worth your while getting the ACSI guide as you will probably save the cost of the gudie on a few days at either of these anyway.

We have also stayed on a site at Cannes la Bocca, Parc Bellvue, which was excellent, and an easy walk down to the beach then along the sea to Cannes itself.

Aires seem to be few and far between and none seem to be listed in the All the Aiers book from south of Menton until you reach St Raphael, then there are some but haven't tried any of these. It's a beautiful area though, although very busy all summer, I suspect.

Hope this helps.

Hi Steve

We have stayed along the Cote d Azure on several occasions Cannes, Antibes etc, there are very few aires along that bit of coast so we have invariably ended up on campsites. It obviously depends what you are after but the best one we have stayed at is Camping Hippodrome in Villeneuve-Loubet co-ordinates: N43º38’17” E7º8’17” it is in walking distance to a brilliant beach, marina and good restaurants if you use them. We cycled to both Antibes and Nice when we stayed there last year and caught the bus into Cannes for €1.00 (the bus stop is just up the road) It is also a brilliant walk into Cagnes-sur-Mer along the promenade. We are going back later this year if that helps the recommendation. It is or was in the ASCI book. La Rossignol N43º36’23” E7º6’43’ is good if you want to stay close to Antibes (in walking distance) and Antibes is a nice place to be. Le Ranch N43º33’52” E6º58’40” campsite in Cannes is a good site but quite a long way from Cannes itself if you are walking and 2km from the beach. Cycling to and fro from Le Ranch would only suit Olympic athletes well that’s our view. Our favorite for position is Camping Hippodrome in Villeneuve-Loubet. For Monaco aires or campsites...........forget it!

Hope this is of some help. Have a great trip although it’s difficult to have a bad one on the Cote d Azure.

My sincere thanks to you all. It's good to know there's such a wealth of knowledge and experience out there.

I do subscribe to ACSI, but I do often find it difficult to track down a campground in a particular location. I've even recently purchased the ACSI DVD software to assist me, but find the mapping element rather crude.

So thanks again - I will set off armed with your recommendations!!

Steve H - 2015-04-02 4:29 PM

I do subscribe to ACSI, but I do often find it difficult to track down a campground in a particular location. I've even recently purchased the ACSI DVD software to assist me, but find the mapping element rather crude.!

Yes, I think the mapping is incredibly difficult to follow - why can't they do something on the same lines the Caravan Club or the Aires book. It would make life so much simpler!

Archived