Motorhome Parking Birkenhead

parkmoy

I take it you are taking the motorhome over to Belfast on the ferry. I didn't know there was an 8.30am ship, I thought they were 10.30 morning and evening sailings but I'm out of touch.

Stay well clear of Birkenhead on a Friday and Saturday night. It's pretty boisterous. Wirral Council has some draconian parking restrictions so don't tempt fate although they do allow motorhomes to park in their car parks providing you pay for each bay used - and don't park overnight. At the weekend, the country parks on the Wirral tend to attract 'nature lovers' from Cheshire in the evening so you may get company on the Dee side of the M53.

All in all, I'd recommend staying on a camp site or off the Wirral. The Caravan Club has an excellent site at Thurtaston [Wirral Country Park], another CC site is a CL at Storeton. There is also as C&CC CS at Arrowe Brook Farm. All are within 5 miles of the ferry terminal.

If you just need somewhere to hole up for an hour or so, there is parking on South Parade, West Kirby although best bet is to ask Stena whether you can hide away at their port for an hour or two.

And, to put your mind at rest, Wirral, including Birkenhead, has below average levels of crime and is considered a safe place.

David,

We are in Liverpool at the end of the M62.

We are away for the weekend and our drive is empty with a EHU available.

We are 20 mins from the tunnel and you are welcome to the drive if you want it.

Email me alan.edwin@yahoo.com.

Alan

Ps the train station is two minutes away if you want to go into Liverpool or there is a pub 5 mins walk away.

Hi, you will have no problem parking up in the car park at the terminal overnight, just go into the terminal building and let them know you will be overnighting and catching the 1030am in the morning..

The terminal office closes just after the night ferry departs at 2200hrs, so arrive before.

You dont need an alarm to get up in the morning as the overnight ferry from Belfast arrives just after 6am and the traffic disembarking will wake you up.

Just get up, wash & brush up, breakfast in your own abode and then just drive out of the car park into the queue to check-in and board the ferry.

Easy

Archived