LHD Motorhomes

violet1

rupert123 - 2015-04-04 10:47 AM.................Sorry but your experience is very limited Brian. I did in fact say that you could mitigate your loss if you buy at the right, cheaper, price a LHD should offer. I have to say I assumed the original poster was talking about the UK market and in this market a LHD will always be cheaper than a RHD. I am not interested in personal opinions here just the plain fact of the matter. Why do the owners of LHD vehicles get so 'het up' about this, most bought at a cheaper price anyway. It is not a personal slur just a simple fact in the UK MARKET LHD will always be cheaper. Incidentally it is not my claim Brian it was the claim of what was the only reference of UK motorhome prices at the time and the one used by all dealers, although this has changed recently.

I'm not at all "het up", Henry, just trying to clarify misleading statements. I think, if you read again what I said, you will see that I am saying much the same as you. I do not dispute that LHD vans are cheaper on the UK market, indeed, that is my whole point.

You originally appeared to be claiming that the rate of depreciation was higher. A lower second-hand price for an equivalent LHD vehicle does not, necessarily, imply higher depreciation. In the case of almost all LHD vans for sale in UK, they will have been personally imported from abroad, where they cost less to buy. So, the rate of depreciation on a LHD van should be calculated against the price paid by the importer, not against the UK price of an equivalent RHD van. If that is done, I can't see much difference in the depreciation rates.

The benefit though, is that the buyer of the LHD van saves a good sum in the process. That saving is real, not illusory, and has its own value. In effect there are two benefits, First, you get the same vehicle at considerably lower cost. Second, as you agree, you can benefit further by investing the saving.

People should at least look, and then make their own judgement, based on what they can find out, and upon their financial circumstances. Piggy bank not much use at present, but markets have been doing quite well! :-)

Guest peter

Quite so. If someone has a query they do not want supposition or a gut feeling as an answer.

They want facts that can be substantiated. End of.

Hm, I didn't realise quite how much trouble this simple (I thought) question would cause. However I have tried to pick the useful stuff out from the postings so thanks to those that have offered useful advice, I should be seeing the second van this week so will make a decision then.

Violet

Guest JudgeMental
violet1 - 2015-04-06 9:37 PM

Hm, I didn't realise quite how much trouble this simple (I thought) question would cause. However I have tried to pick the useful stuff out from the postings so thanks to those that have offered useful advice, I should be seeing the second van this week so will make a decision then.

Violet

always happens on here Violet..best to ignore. Just make sure you take van for a good drive and make sure your comfortable with it, that is all that matters :-D

Archived