Portimao, Portugal

IMP

Hi, There

We are planning our taking our Adria Stargo 665SP across, from the Murcia area of Spain to Portimao, in early June. The reason for the trip is to watch the World Superbikes event, at Portimao circuit.

Can anyone please advise on suitable campsites, close to the circuit. Is there, in fact, camping facilities within the circuit complex? If not, we will be carrying our Yamaha scooter - so a short journey is no problem.

Any advise welcomed!

Goneoff - 2015-04-01 4:58 PMThere is a great aire on the harbour gps coordinates: N37º7'8" W8º31'51" very cheap and in a nice spot. If you need to know anything else about it let me know.Cheers
I agree that is a good place to be in Portimao we were there for a couple of nights recently 2.5 euros a night, electric and water extra if you want it , BUT i am not sure that it will be available in June as that is  in the holiday season and my thinking is that the Aire / Parking is set up just for Motorhomes in Winter.

Many thanks for the info.

Have you tried any of the camp sites, there? As we will be at the circuit for 2 or 3 days, I would prefer to leave the Motorhome in a secure environment, if possible.

Cheers

Ian

Guest Had Enough

We stayed one night at the aire in Portimao but it wasn't for us. It felt more like Dale Farm than a nice aire.

If you want a superb, classy campsite and don't mind a short ride on your scooter you can't beat Turiscampo, just past Lagos. It's excellent and in early June will still be on the ACSI or Camping Cheques rate.

It's a short walk from the lovely seaside village of Praia Da Luz.

http://www.turiscampo.com/en

IMP - 2015-04-01 7:36 PMMany thanks for the info.Have you tried any of the camp sites, there? As we will be at the circuit for 2 or 3 days, I would prefer to leave the Motorhome in a secure environment, if possible.CheersIan
You would be  secure  enough on the Portimao Aire as it has a guarded entrance is enclosed by fences and  your van would be surrounded  by other vans, you would be as secure here as anywhere IMO

Archived