Another one bites the dust

BKen1

La Marina/El Pinet ..was down there this morning 01/04/15

Well they let them off for so long but now its over ....due to the number of campers staying far too long and the fact that some where caught dumping there black waste and locals complaining to the police (see N332 site) the town hall has erected no motorhome parking signs. .Great shame it was a great stop over spot for tourers/short stays as it was never really used as a car park always empty in winter.

What I also noticed there is a 3.5ton limit down there so that may also be a reason the police moved them on as I had seen a few large vans parked up over the last few months.

Once again given a bad press due to the irresponsible few

There are also a number of "no camping " sign in place which have been there for some time on the beach side but that does not mean you cant park ,...it just means you cant get your chairs tables levellers etc out ............unless you stroll down the beach with them.

Saw 4 vans parked there today and the police didnt seem to bothered I suppose if it gets to critical mass then they will move in and move them on .

Here is the location

38.150984° -0.632569°

2865716_LaMarina.jpg.3e52d80016a67c9242c8ccb2c577c2e5.jpg

699220758_LaMarina...jpg.aba3bac02a3001d98c65187e9ca4cf53.jpg

1585775786_LaMarina......jpg.46e28672f79611d92dc83557f3d37421.jpg

Hi

Not at all surprised. The C888p being left behind all over the Spanish Costa`s by long term "Wild Campers" in 2006/7 was enough to put our home grown pikeys to shame!!.

It was bound to happen, In the early days most took their Rubbish away and disposed of it in skips. People used to dispose of their Sanitation properly. And more used Camp sites, when some where as cheap as £4pn! (in peseta`s) Now I understand Nightly camping is over 30E?p/n in some places, even long term rates are high.

I have not done much W-C (the odd overnighter) But we have seen a fair bit. Strangely most of the ones I`ve seen have been on German Plates?. Is that a truism or just my mistake?

Pete

Guest Joe90

I don't think this attitude of just dump your crap is confined to motorhome users, or any country, I'm ever more saddened by the sheer volume of litter and fly tipping in this country, our local council has just closed a well used domestic waste facility despite fierce opposition, no guessing where the crap will now end up, just as it will in Aberdyfi this weekend with the hoards coming with their Costa Coffee cups, and Fish and Chip cartons casually discarded everywhere, or chucked out of their car windows, and not a motor-home is sight to blame.

As for Black waste....perhaps all the neatly wrapped dog crap bags, discarded, and gallons of Dog urine all over the pavements doesn't count.

BKen1 - 2015-04-01 4:54 PM

Well they let them off for so long but now its over ....due to the number of campers staying far too long and the fact that some where caught dumping there black waste and locals complaining to the police (see N332 site) the town hall has erected no motorhome parking signs. .Great shame it was a great stop over spot for tourers/short stays as it was never really used as a car park always empty in winter.

What I also noticed there is a 3.5ton limit down there so that may also be a reason the police moved them on as I had seen a few large vans parked up over the last few months.

There are also a number of "no camping " sign in place which have been there for some time on the beach side but that does not mean you cant park ,...it just means you cant get your chairs tables levellers etc out ............unless you stroll down the beach with them.

Saw 4 vans parked there today and the police didnt seem to bothered I suppose if it gets to critical mass then they will move in and move them on .

Here is the location

38.150984° -0.632569°

We are going to Northern Spain in late June and are gonna use Aires for the first time , are they all full of such uncivilised people ? :'(

Anyone emptying their cassettes or black waste tanks ANYWHERE but in the correct places ought to be locked up, not just banned from camping there. We really ARE our own worst enemies.

Even us Badgers dig proper Latrines !

Agree with Joe, the closing of Domestic waste tips IS NOT the way to save The Council money, they will spend 10 times more than they save, clearing up after Fly Tippers, are they Mad or what ?

Adiebt - 2015-04-01 9:03 PM

BKen1 - 2015-04-01 4:54 PM

Here is the location

38.150984° -0.632569°

We are going to Northern Spain in late June and are gonna use Aires for the first time , are they all full of such uncivilised people ? :'(

Probably not. Northern Spain does not attract those who just go for a cheap stay in the sunshine.

The problem of free camps being closed down is not confined to Spain. Here in Australia along our East Coast the local councils have been lobbied by the caravan parks to close free camp areas. In the main they have been successful. However there is a push from the caravan & motorhome assocs to promote the concept of RV friendly towns usually providing a free dump point for waste. The concept is slowly taking on but seems to be more on locations away from the coastal areas.
The problem of garbage on the road side is again not exclusive to your end of the world. Our major highway median strips look like the local tip. Some years ago it took an English friend visiting us to point out the amount of rubbish that was littering our main roads, very embarrassing! Shortly after that the "clean up Australia" campaign started. It did see a major improvement to the litter problem. Now we have an "adopt a road" campaign that encourages corporates or groups to keep a section of road clean.
Litter & graffiti are the scourge of modern life I reckon.

Quote from Adiebt

"We are going to Northern Spain in late June and are gonna use Aires for the first time , are they all full of such uncivilised people ? :'(

"

This location was never an Official Aire although it is listed in some of the Aires Books.

If you use the official Aires in Northern Spain that are in the Books and signposted as such you shouldnt have any problems. Unfortunetly no matter where you go you will come across the odd rule breaker.

We have done Northern Spain ,loved it and had no issues...so come and enjoy ....

ips - 2015-04-02 7:38 AM

Funny thing is we have sites with places to park safely legal and with places to dump waste !!!

I thought sleeping at the road side was a traveller thing ??

Spot on, the proper places to stay and dispose of waste, are the official aires. Agree do not know why people would want to overnight parked on the roadside or in a lorry park.

Guest pelmetman
Rayjsj - 2015-04-01 10:42 PM

Even us Badgers dig proper Latrines !

So its you who keeps cr*pping in my garden 8-) ...........

The critical mass thing seems to be the problem in Spain, we've noticed around our campsite, once the wild campers are nose to tail all down the road, the local plod move them on..........

robertandjean - 2015-04-02 1:03 PM

ips - 2015-04-02 7:38 AM

Funny thing is we have sites with places to park safely legal and with places to dump waste !!!

I thought sleeping at the road side was a traveller thing ??

Spot on, the proper places to stay and dispose of waste, are the official aires. Agree do not know why people would want to overnight parked on the roadside or in a lorry park.

I have never seen the attraction of spending my jollies in a lay by.

Imo doing so just gives motor homers a bad press. 40k or whatever for a van but won't pay ten quid for a legal place to park, I don't get it.

silverback - 2015-04-02 7:38 PM

we have a spare bog casette doesnt everyone? *-)

jonathan

We can last 4/ 5 days but you still have to empty ,it seems they either dont want to loose their pitch or to tight to go to the local campsite which offers emptying for about 6€...must say I did see a few responsible campers using this option but obviously not everybody.

Guest Joe90

I've never understood why someone wants to be in a muddy field in the middle of nowhere, and now I see pay around the going rate of £15 a night, having first paid to join the appropriate club, but conversely we don't stop on the side of a road either, we bugger off to France where for the most part we as a group are not regarded as the carriers of the bubonic plague

Only slightly off thread but certainly on the 'don't give a toss/I'm alright Jack' theme.

On a beautifully kept CL recently , we saw a van plough straight over the grass, it had rained heavily in the night and he left a right ****** mess.

There was absolutely no need at all, there was ample room to manoeuvre with a modicum of arm twirling.

Martyn

Archived