Missing airport luggage

candapack

candapack - 2015-04-01 5:37 PM

Daughter flew Edinburgh to Shanghai via Heathrow yesterday. BA both legs.

The first leg was delayed so she only just made the connection, but her luggage didn't.

No experience of this, what are the chances of it turning up anytime soon?

Have no experience of this but I'm sure it will turn up.

Can't say where - but it will definitely turn up.

( Good luck - Hopefully the contents are not too valuable )

;-)

On trip to Texas we had to make one internal flight after landing is USA. Late arrival and delays in emigration control meant we missed the connection. It took two or three more flights to make it to our destination several hours late . Our baggage was there ready. I began to believe the guff about Yankee know how.

candapack - 2015-04-02 11:46 AM

Update. She's had an email from BA to say they have her bags and will deliver them to her apartment.

But that was 10 hours ago. Fingers crossed.

..the bad news is, they've been ripped apart by the drugs unit and/or blown up by the bomb squad! 8-)

;-)

George Collings - 2015-04-02 10:44 AM

On trip to Texas we had to make one internal flight after landing is USA. Late arrival and delays in emigration control meant we missed the connection. It took two or three more flights to make it to our destination several hours late . Our baggage was there ready. I began to believe the guff about Yankee know how.

Made two transit flights throu Atlanta in the last couple of weeks, the expression "don't know their arse from their elbow" came to mind, going outbound we went throu three lots of US security, coming back we somehow managed to board with only using prechecks. The passport control seemed to be in chaos, went to join the que and was told as british passport holder to join another que, got to the end of that to be told was in wrong que and to join third que, got to end of that and was told to rejoin the first que.

Sorry to hear about the missing luggage but I am sure it will turn up soon. BA are not that bad and will try to get it to you just as soon as they can. What may hold it back is the timing of the next flight to your destination. If it is not daily then they will allow you to buy and claim essentials.

Connecting flights are always an issue but dare I say, more so at Heathrow as there are separate terminals. We usually fly via Schipol from Edinburgh and as it is all one terminal connections are much faster, in fact KLM usually allow 40 minutes as a recommended time for connection, and the luggage is on board in that time.

Dave225 - 2015-04-02 9:19 PM

Sorry to hear about the missing luggage but I am sure it will turn up soon. BA are not that bad and will try to get it to you just as soon as they can. What may hold it back is the timing of the next flight to your destination. If it is not daily then they will allow you to buy and claim essentials.

Connecting flights are always an issue but dare I say, more so at Heathrow as there are separate terminals. We usually fly via Schipol from Edinburgh and as it is all one terminal connections are much faster, in fact KLM usually allow 40 minutes as a recommended time for connection, and the luggage is on board in that time.

Thanks for the encouraging post. In this case, her flights from Edinburgh and then to Shanghai were both Terminal 5. But hey ho, worse things happen. At least it's her and not me. *-)

Pampam - 2015-04-02 9:59 PM

Am flying to jamaica on wednesday and your post has prompted me to put spare pair of knickers and cozzi in hand luggage ..... Just in case lol hope your daughter gets all her luggage soon pp:)

Thanks Pampam, enjoy your trip. Final update, all luggage now safely delivered. There is an upside to this, daughter went to Shanghai to start a new job. She was due to start the same day she landed. Because of the missing luggage, they said just wait a few days, so she's had some time to settle in to flat and get over long trip.

Archived