Calor Gas usage

William Waite

Guest Joe90
The biggest drain on gas supplies is heating, you don't say when you are going, and it can be colder in France than the UK of course dependant on the time of year, but with no heating usage you'll have loads of gas.

William Waite - 2015-04-01 6:03 PM

I am new to motorhome touring and have planned a trip to France for 10 days. Can anyone tell me how much gas I will need. I have 2 X 6kg bottles at the moment. Will that be enough, if I use gas for my fridge and cooking while staying on aires? (?)

What type of touring are you doing - commercial / municipal sites or Aires. If you choose sites you will probably be on an electric hook up at times so you use that as much as possible instead of gas. If you are using aires then your gas consumption is going to be more, dependant on how much heating /hot water usage and cooking you are doing. We have no trouble wth only 2 x 6 kg propane cylinders over about 6 weeks but we don't go until end of May and it is usually quite warm by then.

Alan

Guest peter

We went to Spain this winter for 2.5 months and used gas for cooking + heating for 1 hour in the morning and we only run out of a 13Kg cylinder once back in northern France. WE do carry two 13Kg cylinders just in case.

So you should be fine, so long as you're not using heating on aires all the time.

Archived