Safeguard insurance

michele

well, Just had the new quote thought it a little high . I spoke to a chap called David on the phone who very kindly went through the thing's that we have a discount for . Alarm & so on. I mentioned that I have noticed people on here coming back with much lower quotes David explained age of vehicle & the like. I told him how people often pop up and ask (What insurance Co should I use and that they were quite often talked about in a nice way. Low and behold I got a discount for recomending them on here . Now that's nice for business (lol) One happy customer

We've just bought our first motorhome.....can't wait for it to be collected, very excited is an understatement. We phoned lots of people and safeguard came out the most reasonable and included lots of extras. very nice people.... Kate

I agree with Hymer - have been with Safeguard for a numbre of years and they have consistently been competitive when you take the full european breakdown cover into account. However, I will use Michelle's advice on recommending Safeguard at the next renewal......... Regards, david

speaking of breakdown cover, we were with caravan guard last year but not this, as they insist you take breakdown cover even if you already have full cover with RAC, so the caravan club wins after beating any present cover by £25 (terms and conditions apply) and no waste of £50 on needless breakbown cover.

Hi Michele I have used the same insurer for the last 12 years and I have always been quite happy with them but as I have just bought a new Rig at york I phoned my the firm I have always used and the price went up by almost £150 the truth of the matter is I have always been to lazy in the past to try other firms I tried Safeguerd and there price was almost the same as my previous insurer thats when I started to shop around I tried Caravan Guard and they quoted me £263 pound with a good breakdown cover on a £37000 vehicle I think is very good Terry

I have found Adrian Flux to be excellent. They have insured classic and high performance cars for me over the years without problems and have since insured two motorcaravans. (Both unusual German imports) without any queries. I have agreed value limited mileage (Although it is available with no limits) and at last renewal, they were £100 cheaper than the next nearest price!! They do not require any specific security measures either (Although of course I always fit them anyway). They do offer breakdown cover at extra cost, but I have seperate cover with the RAC. I have no connection with them other than as a satisfied customer.

Bought our first MH at end of June, insured with Safeguard. 2 months later someone ran into the side of the van when we were away from it and was an insurance job to repair. Safeguard were good to deal with and the repair was authorised and fixed in under a week. £200 excess though, and I'll let you know how much the premium will be hiked on renewal next year :-(

Hi - I had been with Safeguard for 3 years and had no claims, but this year decided to shop around. Looked at the WHAT MOTORHOME Insurance Survey and phoned the top 3 recomended companies. COMFORT INSURANCE gave me a fig some £70 cheaper than Safeguard for near the same cover including the overseas breakdown. I know Safeguard is a good company but Comfort was highly recomended and £70 is a lot of savings for what looksto be similar cover.

• 3 weeks later...
Dave lloyd, just got back and read your funny reply .......Niceone ;-) Good company as well you never know can't do their business any harm ;-) Also Gfiffly16 , When i got the quote in thinking it a bit high you have just reminded me that we did have a prang in it ,husband I must point out backed into a mound of mud and cracked the back whilst taking our daughter to pony club , Perhaps that's why it went up a little I must say?

Archived