to David King re solar panels

Martyn22

Dave have just reread your arttical on your van build hope alls well, l am having probLem's with my solar panel not giving me as much power as l think it should. Would you be kind enough to tell me how you altered your panel to tilt? I am aware the need to lower it when the wind gets up how did you hinge it and what sort of support have you used, as a retired carpenter l believe l just need some advise to make it myself. Hoping this finds you and thank you for advice

How much do you think you are losing, and what time of year is this causing a problem?

Note that over the course of a full year a horizontal panel will produce around 90% of the output of an angled panel. Granted there are times angling the panel will give a good deal more output, but at other times it will give no more or even slightly less

Colin, l am not saying I'm losing power l,m just not sure that my basic regulator is giving me the best power l can get. And unless l can be told what works best some claims could for such a small increase the cost is a waste of money

Archived