Gibraltar

Unfortunately motorhome overnighting is officially banned in Gib. and has been for many years. However some get away with a night or two, or even longer at the carparking immediately before Catalan Bay (no facilities) To get there turn left at the first roundabout after crossing the frontier and drive straight on for c. 2km. carparking is on left and below road.

Most motorhomers stay just outside Gib. in La Linea at either the Marina @€12 night 1km. west of frontier entry water/wc dump, no hookup, or the Football Club carparking 1km. east of frontier entry @€3 a night with just a suspect wc dump.

There is a small campsite run by Asansul (disability instit.) just outside La linea on beach road east toward Bahia Margherita c.5km. from Gib.

Guest Peter James

I've stayed there but then I don't have a motorhome, its a goods vehicle loaded with furniture ;-) But the only thing worth seeing is the view from the top of the rock, and Morrisons for shopping and cheap fuel. I only wish they would give Gibraltar back to the Spanish so its as nice for motorhomers as the rest of Spain.

Gibraltarians are not British because they don't pay British tax. If they had to pay for their own military they might not be so keen to start rows with Spain.

Archived