Parking near Tunnel Terminal

starvin marvin

starvin marvin - 2015-04-06 8:32 PMI've tried searching the forums without success for information re overnight pub parking near the Chunnel. I can remember reading it but damned if I can find it! Cheers.
well if you want the English side go to Canterbury Park n Ride £3 24 hours secure , water and toilet dump ride the bus free with your parking ticket into Canterbury as often as you like. If you want the French side then it is Cite d Europe at the train terminal, free  here for Motorhomes ,short walk to the shopping malls.

Cite Europe on the French side, common sense to prevail as ever regards undesirable folk lurking, personally never had an issue.

UK side, well of course it depends on arrival/departure time , but we've stayed on the terminal itself numerous times, they even have given us a wake up call in the past.

Just our experience of both locations, good luck.

Martyn

Lorrie - 2015-04-08 9:57 PM

The Drum Inn is just off the M20 at the next junction. It has a website with details of camping.

Yes m20 to jun 11 take 1st exit towards Canterbury then in about a mile take turning on left which is also signposted to Drum inn, or take third exit junc 11 through 1 roundabout and follow signs to hythe then park in west parade (seafront ) loads of room, but no hookup obviously, catch some mackerel to take with you. nice fish restaurant on corner, or the hope inn stade street also does nice food, 5 minute walk, hope this helps.

starvin marvin - 2015-04-08 7:16 PM

I should have made clear that its the UK side that I'm interested in, I seem to remember there was a pub near to the CC Black Horse site.

There is - but I doubt if it allows vans overnight. Last time we went there when staying on the CC site we were less than impressed.

I asked the same question a couple of years ago and the replies were very similar - cross the channel and find somewhere on the French side. I declined this due to the fact that I had never driven on the "wrong" side and didnt want the stress. However, having done the journey several times now the regulars were 100% correct, if you arrive early or have an inconvenient tunnelk crossing time it is still better to cross (if you arrive early they may get you on an early crossing) and look on the French side

We stayed a Cities Europe and Beautor and really, it is so much easier and less hassle.

Guest peter
soarer - 2015-04-07 6:42 AM

http://www.theblackhorse.uk.com

Hi we have stayed here a few times

Nice food quiet location 15 minuets from

The tunnel the lanes are a bit tight in places but no problem

Not many people know this. :D

But if you go in for a meal at Black Horse pub near site you can stay overnight for free.

Good if you're looking for a meal anyway.

Archived