Parking/camping at Dusseldorf MH show

sean.clarke

Hi peeps,

I am looking at going to the Dusseldorf MH show in September, will I just be able to turn up and stay onsite or will I need to book to be assured of a space?

Also, are there any facilities provided or is it just staying in the car park type arrangement.

Many thanks

Sean

StuartO - 2015-04-07 1:34 PM

Something I've always fancied doing to. It looks like there is lots of parking for MHs, charges are €18 per day, arrive any time before 10pm, no reservations. Lots of info here:

http://www.caravan-salon.com/cipp/md_caravan/custom/pub/content,oid,358/lang,2/ticket,g_u_e_s_t/~/CARAVAN_CENTER.html

Thanks for the info an link!

You can turn up anytime without booking. Best though to go mid week as the 2 weekends get very busy.

You pay for the day not the night so turn up after 5pm and pay for tomorrow.

Facilities are great. When you enter the grounds from the motorway you will see what looks like a petrol station on your left. It is a station for emptying and filling your various tanks.

There are toilets and showers but again they get very busy.

Entertainment is free in the big tent where you can also get a good meal for very little.

Buses are provided to get you in to the centre (free) and can also be used in the evening to take you in to the old town (free).

Give yourself at least 2 days and there is plenty to see.

Enjoy!

Use Google translate, if using Firefox the "Google S3 Translator" Add on is about as good as it gets.

You need a card for each person for discount on show entry, you get a 25% discount , last year they were doing 2 days for the price of one for advance e tickets for club members. Show ticket also includes free public transport around Dusseldorf.

Large Marquee with bands on every night FREE of course & cheap food & beer.

You can't book the camping.

Guest peter

We went last year. Waste of time unless you are looking for a new van. Accessories hall is a joke and mostly taken over with foreign campsite sales people. It's not a grander version of Peterborough etc.

Needless to say we won't bother again.

peter - 2015-04-07 8:40 PM

We went last year. Waste of time unless you are looking for a new van. Accessories hall is a joke and mostly taken over with foreign campsite sales people. It's not a grander version of Peterborough etc.

We should be OK then, it's the vans that are our primary reason to visit, we will tie it in with a Belgium/Holland tour, just a slight detour - might also pop into Cologne as well.....

lennyhb - 2015-04-07 9:01 PM

We think it is a brilliant show, more vans there than you will see at any other show. Both times we have been we have not intended to buy but we did, the boss has banned me from going to any more.

Oh dear, that doesn't bode well!!

Are you able to negotiate a good discount? Certainly for boats I always felt you could negotaite a better deal away from the shows.... with the exception of the gadgets/gizmos perhaps

Guest peter
sean.clarke - 2015-04-07 10:38 PM

peter - 2015-04-07 8:40 PM

We should be OK then, it's the vans that are our primary reason to visit, we will tie it in with a Belgium/Holland tour, just a slight detour - might also pop into Cologne as well.....

You will like Cologne it's beautiful. Also go into Dusseldorf as the old town is also very nice. There is a campsite on the opposite side of the river and you can get a ferry across and get a train into Dusseldorf centre. The ferry also takes cars and motorhomes.

sean.clarke - 2015-04-07 10:40 PM

We think it is a brilliant show, more vans there than you will see at any other show. Both times we have been we have not intended to buy but we did, the boss has banned me from going to any more.

Are you able to negotiate a good discount? Certainly for boats I always felt you could negotaite a better deal away from the shows.... with the exception of the gadgets/gizmos perhaps

They work differently to the UK they don't try and rip you off, in our experience you don't need to haggle they just give you their best price.

We have always done the deal a few weeks after the show but stayed in touch with the dealer that way we get exactly what we want and don't make silly mistakes that's easy to do when on the spot.

When we brought the new van at Dusseldorf our dealer told us to wait until after the Brussels show as he knew of some deals Hymer were going to do, but he couldn't undercut the Germans at Dusseldorf.

We ended up having a freebee (Airmiles for Eurostar & Hotel points) weekend in Brussels a few weeks later.

Guest JudgeMental
sean.clarke - 2015-04-07 10:40 PM

Great show, massive, wear comfortable shoes! and try and ID with site map what you want to see. You need a couple if days at least. Aim at a 17% discount, with exchange rate advantage on top you will be quids in. Relax and follow the crowds and have a great time..I may be there as well

Archived